real time web analytics
Report - - The Becket Upper School, Nottingham, September 2010 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Becket Upper School, Nottingham, September 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Hi people, this is my first report.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the not very good images. This is because:
1. I was on my own during this explore and I was scared of running into pikeys or similar so I wanted to minimise the time I spent inside.
2. I am new to photography and my camera is not exactly professional grade.
Thanks.
:cool:

The Becket School was founded in 1929 by two Priests and was for boys only. This school was based on Wilford Lane. There was also a Main School site, located on Ruddington Lane. Upper School was used for the Sixth Form (of which I am a former member, I do not wish to reveal more information to protect my privacy) and Year 11. The Becket School finally shut its doors in August 2009, when a new school, about half a mile down the road was finally built.

I was informed about the site by a friend who told me that he had been inside it about 3 weeks ago (just to look around, obviously!). By the time I got inside, the building was in considerably poorer condition than when I last saw it, having been targeted by the local scumbag morons.

Exploring this site was a touching walk down Memory Lane for me, and as a former pupil, I am very saddened and dismayed to see that the school has been trashed and damaged.
Oh well, that's what pikeys and chavs are like :mad:

I would like to stress that this report only covers a small portion of the school (just the hall and a few rooms off the corridor leading to the hall). There is a lot more to see upstairs.

Anyway here are some of the few pics that I took which are coherant.

One of the outside shots of the building
DSC02860.jpg

The School, viewed from the Suspension Bridge that I used to wander over at lunchtimes:
DSC02863.jpg

The building known as the Red Court:
DSC02831.jpg

Display boards in the corridor, pulled down by the chavs:

DSC02848.jpg

The stage:
DSC02837.jpg

A badly angled shot of the back of the hall, with the raised balcony above the hall:
DSC02856.jpg

A sideways view of the hall, to the left of the photo is the stage and
the doors lead to the corridor off the hall:

DSC02834.jpg

On the balcony at the back of the hall:
DSC02838.jpg

Doors leading to the caretaker's area:
DSC02852.jpg

Door to the ladies' toilets:
DSC02850.jpg

Thanks for having a look through this short report. I am sure you noticed the red van in the background of my second photo. That van was a builders' van and there were men on site boarding up the windows, so perhaps it was just as well that I didn't explore all of the site :p

Those of you with more courage than me should definately give check the site out, its well worth a visit despite the damage done.

Constructive feedback and comments will be much appreciated.
:D