real time web analytics
Report - - The Beehive Pub - Welwyn Garden City - August 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Beehive Pub - Welwyn Garden City - August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
About (from old site)
The Beehive is a large pub carvery situated on the outskirts of Welwyn, opposite the QE2 Hospital. With lots of charm & character as well as friendly efficient service, there are plenty of cosy areas to relax, including our patio seating areas at the front and side of the pub, and enjoy one of our great Cask Ales.

Not anymore :thumb

The Explore
Visited with @Porker of the night .After getting the run around playing cat and mouse with secca at the old QE2 hospital blocks we decided to check out a couple other places in the area, these sadly weren't possible at the time. As we was driving down the road this beauty presented itself. We scurried round and bingo we appeared inside! I was only saying that morning I have always wanted to do a pub, it was my lucky day :D

The place was eerie as if someone was squatting, carefully making our way round it was soon clear either someone doesn't like to chuck old food out or it hasn't been occupied for at least a month, it states it closed the 1st July so that would explain it. Not sure if the horrible smell was the old food rotting or worse but didn't stick around and open the big walk in fridge and freezer to find out! :eek: Another strange thing was the lights were on in a couple of rooms and also the till, water was working and also pints were pumping :cool:

After grabbing all the photos we needed we swiftly exited and mission success :thumb

On to the pictures,

23F_zpshllqvbpt.jpg

1F_zpsyozsxhjn.jpg

2F_zpsvbf27d0z.jpg

3F_zpsy8ki7y9u.jpg

5F_zpsntanivrj.jpg

6F_zpsqehyjbua.jpg

7F_zpsx68rquyk.jpg

9F_zpsjyu9crb1.jpg

8F_zpsxoednzsc.jpg

10F_zpshlggmkm2.jpg

13F_zpsakiz2n46.jpg

12F_zpsm1mu7ayh.jpg

14F_zpsf57voale.jpg

15F_zpsqf8r4wwm.jpg

17F_zpszrzfdqph.jpg

16F_zps2rru7emj.jpg

18F_zpsui3w1f7o.jpg

24F_zpsu0wwck5d.jpg

19F_zpsvd5sebta.jpg

21F_zpskwxk3j2z.jpg

21. Go to the Winchester and wait for all this to blow over ;)
22F_zpsb5uewktq.jpg

Cheers for having a ganders :thumb

dragginmenut

I have 2 I promise
28DL Full Member
i live in wgc this was never abandoned it was cloed for a short time then had a load of work done. its now been open again for about 8 months

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i live in wgc this was never abandoned it was cloed for a short time then had a load of work done. its now been open again for about 8 months

Yes it was, it had construction fencing the whole way round while it was shut, I knew about the plans of it reopening, it also had squatters there when we went.