real time web analytics
Report - - The Citadel’s Southern Defences and Tenaille, Western Heights – Dover 2014 – 2020. | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Citadel’s Southern Defences and Tenaille, Western Heights – Dover 2014 – 2020.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yes! I applaud all involved for this one, heard a few stories in dribs and drabs but it’s great to see the end result after so much work! :thumb

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For sure mate, you put some serious time into this and braved that dig more than most others. I bet it felt mental when you made that last push through the dig? Thanks for your persistence mate and some fresh enthusiasm
Ah mate, the moment I shoved the bar through it was unlike anything else. The only time similar was when me and JD re-open another one of Dover’s gems all in a day last year. Cheers for inviting us along man, made some good memories from that dig :thumb

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Yes! I applaud all involved for this one, heard a few stories in dribs and drabs but it’s great to see the end result after so much work! :thumb
Yeah I think I mentioned it a couple of years ago when we went and did that derp in Oxfordshire, time really does fly. We always tried to keep our work hush hush though there is no way me and Wickerman were digging all that on our own hahaha ended up having a really good team of people come together for it.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Ace report and pictures too! It’s one of the most interesting places I’ve seen. Sorry I couldn’t make the final night of digging though but it still is one of the most interesting explores to be involved in. Thanks for letting me come:thumb

Cheers for joining the efforts fella, and props to you for getting stuck in with digging when you could, not everyone would have been comfortable working under that backfill with us. For such a young lad ticking off bits like this already I'm sure there will be some epic bits to follow in the future :thumb

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Absolute sterling effort all round. I only joined you for a few nights and that clay was seriously hard work to dig though. I'll be honest I had my doubts about whether you would actually break though into anything after it reached ten feet into that clay. Your determination paid off big time!

Max Girth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heres some of the actual digging.
Was ace.
20200723_224159.jpg

20200723_212950.jpg

20200630_215159.jpg

20200630_231630.jpg

20200630_213427.jpg

20200630_231539.jpg

Attachments

• 20200723_214849.jpg
    20200723_214849.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Absolute sterling effort all round. I only joined you for a few nights and that clay was seriously hard work to dig though. I'll be honest I had my doubts about whether you would actually break though into anything after it reached ten feet into that clay. Your determination paid off big time!

There were quite a few nights when I was ready to give up and started wondering if the entirety of the place had been filed. Thank fuck it wasn't or it would have taken even longer hahaha! cheers for joining us and getting stuck in mate :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 699) View details