Web
Analytics
Report - - The Cottage, South Wales | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Cottage, South Wales

Becks14301

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone,
This is my first post in here, I have done a few explores but not taken many photos, but thought I would post some on here :) I'm from South Wales / Forest Of Dean area.

Couldn't gain access to the location but still an interesting explore with two vehicles (I only pictured one) and everything left.
Think they may be doing something with the place now as there's been fires there recently

Attachments

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
Not bad for a first report that. More photos would be ideal but at least you acknowledged it! Keep it up :thumb

Becks14301

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not bad for a first report that. More photos would be ideal but at least you acknowledged it! Keep it up :thumb
Thank you! Wasn't much to photograph from the outside and didn't want to make the post pic heavy, but will defo get more in future

Becks14301

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey, not a bad start. At least you took some interior photos. Have you looked at Pine End Works in Lydney? I believe it’s still there. You’ve also got Swan cable works which is local. If you’re interested in other things to see that are nearby.
I've lived in coleford my whole life until 3 years ago I moved to Monmouth.. I've never dome the pine works as wasn't sure if they are still there ! I used to walk past the cable works as a child and imagine how cool it would've been to see inside but there used to be security with dogs there. Might be worth a try though! Gunna be going back to Tintern Abbey Hotel to get some pics too :)

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place looks verrrrry similar to somewhere I went at the beginning of the year. I’d be interested to know a name of the nearest village/town to here to see if it’s the same place. And the hotel opposite Tintern Abbey is a wonderful place... let me know if you ever want a buddy to go with

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry to crash the party guys and girls :p

@WhoDaresWins is the Swan Cable works still abandoned? Cuz I drove past it the other day and the place was swarming with cars and people working in the offices, plus there's a security cabin and barrier on the main drive way in? Has that always been there?

@Gunsnrosies I was planning on having a look at the old hotel in Tintern sometime next week if you fancy it? Maybe we could make up a little group of us?

We could go back and check out @Becks14301 awesome little cottage and see if we can find an entrance?

x

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User

@WhoDaresWins is the Swan Cable works still abandoned? Cuz I drove past it the other day and the place was swarming with cars and people working in the offices, plus there's a security cabin and barrier on the main drive way in? Has that always been there?

@Gunsnrosies I was planning on having a look at the old hotel in Tintern sometime next week if you fancy it? Maybe we could make up a little group of us?

We could go back and check out @Becks14301 awesome little cottage and see if we can find an entrance?

x
it may not be anymore then :(

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
@WhoDaresWins Pine End Works is flattened, demolished now. Edison Swan is at least partly back in use for something, some sort of film studio or something similar.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
The main building worth seeing is still abandoned at Edison, you may have to do some people dodging to see it though.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The main building worth seeing is still abandoned at Edison, you may have to do some people dodging to see it though.
As long as the infamous pikey security is no longer there....

Becks14301

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

x
it’s not! even the derelict factories are being used now. not sure about the security cabin though as i’ve never gone that far up.
i went back to abbey hotel the other eeek and up to at mary’s church :)
yeah that would be awesome! definitely need to go back, i’ve got a few other potential ones around this area too

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
it’s not! even the derelict factories are being used now. not sure about the security cabin though as i’ve never gone that far up.
i went back to abbey hotel the other eeek and up to at mary’s church :)
yeah that would be awesome! definitely need to go back, i’ve got a few other potential ones around this area too
My girlfriend and I did the Abbey Hotel last week. Never seen it before; quite sad to see the levels of decay in it.

Perhaps we should find a day which suits a few of us and have a little Forest Of Dean meetup one day? :)

Becks14301

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah it is sad, was the boards on the window still loose? whoever owns it really doesn’t give a damn about it.
yeah i think that would be a good idea :)