real time web analytics
Report - - The County Hotel, Alderley Edge - April 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The County Hotel, Alderley Edge - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
First report in 3 years. :thumb

The Visit
I found this on my way home from dropping @Lavino and @woopashoopaa at home, I was looking for the nightclub across the road and noticed that the pub and Wacky Warehouse were boarded up. After running into 3 other explorers we found a way in. Once inside it was obvious that the 'local youth' had beaten us in. The place is pretty much trashed. The restaurant was more or less empty apart from the odd chair, and the Wacky Warehouse was full of mattress and wardrobes from the hotel. However it was a good visit and I'd be interested in returning.

History
The County Hotel on Alderley Road closed in November 2009 and since then the site has been derelict. The building has fallen into a sorry state of decline and has been subject to a number of incidences of vandalism and theft. The building was originally known as 'Arden House' around the 1880s and was a semi detached residential villa set amidst several other Victorian villas within their own spacious grounds, including 'Lindow Grove' now known as The Merlin and 'Merchistown' now known as 'Yesterdays' the former nightclub.

The Pub
IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3434.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

The Wacky

IMG_3370.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

Cheers for looking,

IMG_3424.JPG

I like this pic because I use to work for Spirit in a different pub. :rolleyes:

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I had a look around this a few weeks ago and didn't see any way in. Glad to see someone has made way with it :)

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Good stuff mate me and woopashoopaa wouldn't mind a look around here nice find :thumb

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've tried to access this place so many time lol... only access I can ever see is the first floor.. have to get my climbing shoes on maybe :)

Great report :)

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Looks alright that!

Been working down there all week but never bothered with it!

You had an invite about a year ago lad, we were doing this yesterdays, twemlow and some other derp in Macc..I think you were on a car meet or something ? Not worth the hasstle really, but nice shots anyway Gronk :thumb

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
You had an invite about a year ago lad, we were doing this yesterdays, twemlow and some other derp in Macc..I think you were on a car meet or something ? Not worth the hasstle really, but nice shots anyway Gronk :thumb

Thanks mate, I'd been led to believe that the play area was all still there. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have bothered. :mad:
Last time I listen to people stood outside.

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Thanks mate, I'd been led to believe that the play area was all still there. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have bothered. :mad:
Last time I listen to people stood outside.

It's definately still worth a look, used to be a haunt of mine..access was rather sketchy to say the least :eek: