real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - The Daily Mail again | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News The Daily Mail again

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Looks more like they've just swiped some stills from his YouTube vid. It's a report and not an interview. Doubt he's "sold out" as you put it. Might not have even known they were doing a piece on it.
Plus there's no mention of spooky haunting or eerie so it doesn't count anyway.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
sorry I never meant that he had sold out... it was obvious to me at the time that it was a lazy hack discovering something on you tube and just publishing it

DyingLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I didn't give them permission. The video has been going crazy. I was in the third page of the Evening Standard today and there were tons of shit articles written. The Sun asked me if they could use my video, and even after I said no, they still used it. Twats.
30176903525_6c09045c55_o.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 14.58.57

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
@DyingLlama one question if I may

On the whole we try and keep certain sites off the public radar so to speak. Lets assume stuff from the capital for the minute.

In the last decade we have had numerous people (myself included) who have enjoyed said sites and not even posted any pics to date or just kept them away from prying eyes if we have occasioned the odd pic.

We do this for two reasons, and I'm not going to spell them out!

You see where I'm going with this ?

Now then, we appreciate times have changed and people yearn attention, comments, likes, shares etc, but really at the core of what we do, it's wrong on many levels IMO.

I'd like to think we all piss in the same pot with this silly hobby to an extent, but with anything & everything being plastered all over Insta/fb/youtube etc etc, these day's I'm beginning to wonder why we bother ?

DyingLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@DyingLlama one question if I may

On the whole we try and keep certain sites off the public radar so to speak. Lets assume stuff from the capital for the minute.

In the last decade we have had numerous people (myself included) who have enjoyed said sites and not even posted any pics to date or just kept them away from prying eyes if we have occasioned the odd pic.

We do this for two reasons, and I'm not going to spell them out!

You see where I'm going with this ?

Now then, we appreciate times have changed and people yearn attention, comments, likes, shares etc, but really at the core of what we do, it's wrong on many levels IMO.

I'd like to think we all piss in the same pot with this silly hobby to an extent, but with anything & everything being plastered all over Insta/fb/youtube etc etc, these day's I'm beginning to wonder why we bother ?

Yeah. Even though I sometimes do, I hate baiting out stuff because it just makes it harder for other explorers obviously. That's why I've held myself back from making a few videos. I mainly just post stuff from construction sites, which are only temporary explores and don't really seem to increase security due to a few pictures or videos. I wouldn't put any underground stuff on my channel mainly because a lot of it is permanent and is going to be there forever. Spoiling an underground site would just fuck over explorers for years. I'll agree that I'm pretty media whorish right now, but I see plenty of 28dl guys posting high profile sites on instagram and flickr with hashtags, looking for likes. No matter what happens, infiltrating sites is just going to get harder and harder in the next 10 years because of better/cheaper technology used by security and all the growing media whores (like myself). There's honestly nothing that can be done to stop it.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I see plenty of 28dl guys posting high profile sites on instagram and flickr with hashtags, looking for likes.

PM me some links mate and lets see whats what

It's getting a tad tedious watching stuff get trounced by this new breed of 'look at me' types, that the DF have busted a ball, only to see it whored all over the social/media gaff

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Yeah. Even though I sometimes do, I hate baiting out stuff because it just makes it harder for other explorers obviously. That's why I've held myself back from making a few videos. I mainly just post stuff from construction sites, which are only temporary explores and don't really seem to increase security due to a few pictures or videos.

I'll agree that I'm pretty media whorish right now, but I see plenty of 28dl guys posting high profile sites on instagram and flickr with hashtags, looking for likes. No matter what happens, infiltrating sites is just going to get harder and harder in the next 10 years because of better/cheaper technology used by security and all the growing media whores (like myself). There's honestly nothing that can be done to stop it.
You're utterly full of shit.

YrHksof.jpg
7ZyFCvE.jpg

CSea0EJ.jpg
fw3VzOD.jpg

bi0wMe2.jpg
2vrjJ9k.jpg

Stop being a cunt, these sites have been visited by explorers for years without fuss, and then youtube duffers like you and Nightscape stroll along fully intending to sell out for some ad revenue without giving a shit about anyone else. If you're in it for the buck then so be it, jog on and do it elsewhere. But don't then swagger about on here with some weak-ass statement trying to justify your shit.

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
The Bus surfing, fair enough.... theres 690 odd bus routes in London. Its not gunna fuck things up, but yeah TBH, these other sites you're posting are not new exclusive locations... Had you been the first to climb them, the you'd have the justification for posting such bait videos even if you were essentially spoiling it for yourself, but otherwise id say you're ruining it for others, both those before you and after, by blagging the likes of the o2 on Youtube in such a Red Bull fashion. London of all places does not tolerate mouthing off. TFL for example will prosecute people just for vengeance.

Id suggest you contact Brad Garrett and Vadim/Vitaliy, get in with that crowd.

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I have to agree, it's getting a bit silly, plenty of people with decent GoPro stuff gathering dust with no need of YouTube likes & shares, you guys are only making a difficult situation worse by selling out and whoring stuff everywhere.

The majority of people are unhappy with you being a full member on here and rightly so. I have to listen to the regulars I'm afraid and having seen the stuff adders and a few others have brought to my attention this last few days to say I'm disappointed is an understatement!

DyingLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You're utterly full of shit.

YrHksof.jpg
7ZyFCvE.jpg

CSea0EJ.jpg
fw3VzOD.jpg

bi0wMe2.jpg
2vrjJ9k.jpg

Stop being a cunt, these sites have been visited by explorers for years without fuss, and then youtube duffers like you and Nightscape stroll along fully intending to sell out for some ad revenue without giving a shit about anyone else. If you're in it for the buck then so be it, jog on and do it elsewhere. But don't then swagger about on here with some weak-ass statement trying to justify your shit.

Let me clear some stuff up: I don't actually know nightscape. I've talked to him a few times on instagram but we haven't met eachother. We were planning a collaboration but it wasn't going to be urbex. Obviously it hasn't gone through yet. And I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by that instagram post. I was skeptical on making a vid because I didn't want to ruin it for others. I really shouldn't have posted it. Same with the cathedral one. But to be fair I haven't seen anybody climbing the tate modern since there was scaffolding up so can't really say I was baiting it out if nobody was even hitting it. And the "ESCAPE" video - the orbit has been already been on the channel 4 urbex show and night scape has made 2 vids about it. If they were going to improve security they would have already done it. Still though, most of my vids are construction sites. Only recently I've been a bit dickish and posted active stuff. But yeah, I'm obvs still in the wrong. The o2 and cathedral vids never should have been put up.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
It's not just about specific sites though. Throwing videos out there to receive 3 million+ views is bringing extra and unwanted attention to an illegal past time. Monkey's post above about Criminal Behaviour Orders isn't a far fetched situation, see Matthew Adams on that one. I imagine you'd feel a bit silly if all of a sudden you weren't allowed 3 metres off the ground without land owner's written consent. And taking the approach of "Nightscape did it, so it's fine" doesn't really fly unfortunately.

Like it or not but your actions are creating a negative impression, with people now not wanting to share their exploits in "fear" of someone baiting the location out with a youtube video.

Anorak

28DL Member
28DL Member
The entire “urbex video” format, besides being completely cringeworthy, is basically readymade video “content” for websites like the Daily Mail and The Sun, complete with your CAPS LOCK clickbait titles, so you can hardly act surprised when it gets picked up.

You keep saying you “really shouldn’t have done that”, that you “didn’t want to ruin it for others”, and that you've “ been a bit of a dick”. So do you actually not give a shit, or do you just have no self control? Is the meaningless instant gratification you get from the YouTube views and Instagram likes really worth denying other people the opportunity to explore and enjoy these places for themselves? You appear to think so.