real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - The Daily Mail again | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News The Daily Mail again

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m9

big in japan
Regular User
I have to admit I do enjoy DL's videos.
But the O2 one pissed me off a tad because the access you showed was basically the only one. I bet the whole place will be locked down even more now which sucks.

They went the total opposite way to where we did it, which was different again to when katie and gaj went years ago. I'd bet you could still do it, you just might have to use your head a bit..

DyingLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have to admit I do enjoy DL's videos.
But the O2 one pissed me off a tad because the access you showed was basically the only one. I bet the whole place will be locked down even more now which sucks.

On a side note, can you stay away from a certain tall tower under construction next to the Tate, until it's topped?
Last thing that place needs is Southbank Tower V2.

Yes I'm staying away from that one on purpose until it tops out. And what fb said. Thanks though!

Reactions: 313

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
On a side note, can you stay away from a certain tall tower under construction next to the Tate, until it's topped?
Last thing that place needs is Southbank Tower V2.

You do know that is/has already been hit by quite a few of people, it's a bit too easy to get up it seems.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You do know that is/has already been hit by quite a few of people, it's a bit too easy to get up it seems.

I know many people who have gone up it (not to the very top of the pointy bits though).
I was only aware of the access DL showed so that's why I thought the video baited access out for everyone.

Nothing can ever be 100% secure anyway, there's always a way.

Last edited:

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone of us could have cashed in for "fame" years and years back. And I agree with the poster who said older explorers mostly don't go in for showing off exploits online. The people I have met, and the places I have explored, are far more important than hoarding, or showing off, photos of places. To each their own however!!!!!

Doug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party.

We could try to get a handle on our scene, overhaul NP and maybe be a bit more selective who we let into NP, and be more aggressive with booting people when they rock the boat. That seems to work for the Cave Clan, although they've got their own problems atm and loads of people have been booted for mouthing off to dougo (the CC OT for those not in the know), but their iron fist approach seems to work in some respects.

That's not exactly correct.
One of the problems with Cave Clan is that the Iron Fist thing is a bit of a myth - everything is done by polls and the majority wins even when 48% vote to oust someone, but 52% vote for some other kind of penalty, that a lot of friction in a group. It really needs an ironfist to boot the person, because if every second person doesn't like someone then they should go.

Regarding "loads" of people being booted for mouthing off to me - that is totally untrue. Sydney have recently suspended a few members (my last update was a couple of months a go), however that was to do with trolling the Sydney members.

I knew the issues I brought up earlier in the year would result in some members mouthing off at me - I would have been surprised if they didn't, but with the exception of Luke quitting, no one (as far as I know) has been booted because of it. I think your source has mixed up "quitting" and "being booted". Critt (25 years in the group) has been banned for a year (he didn't say a word against me), iD (20+ years in the group) quit as a result of a small part of the group using the majority of the group, and I also chucked it in partially for the same reason as iD, Critt and the other old school members, but (and this is probably the relevant part of my post) the main problem I had was with a well known popular Clan member that takes everything I ever do for the Clan as an attempt to control things - not an attempt to help. With the part of the group that was using the group, I would have been a part of the discussions to try and sort things out - it's part of being in a group, but not with this other member. Once he's got it in for you he just never stops. He has a form of Autism (probably closer to the traditional Asperger's) and so much goes over his head and with his illness he just keeps going in circles. His last post that I read quoted Ogre (SydClan member) from nearly two decades a go basically saying I was fucked. 8 years a go Ogre travelled 1000k to my engagement/40th birthday - we'd well and truly sorted out our issues, but this guy still quotes him as if it was yesterday. Not a big deal, but I have dozens of examples of things like this.

He alone made me hate being in the Clan - not the users or the slackers or the new skool fools :)
I'm not going to spend the rest of my days hating this guy, but he did turn me away from the greatest thing (other than my kids) in my life.

THIS is what causes the problems in a bigger group, not the blatant vandal or media junkie that the group will willingly get rid of with little effort.

So when someone has a go at this post, just remember that I love draining, the underground and general urbex like someone obsessed with it - because I am obsessed with it :) I love helping people with drains and stuff. I don't care about Likes or how many Hits or Views I get. Check out IronFistDoug for proof to back this up :)

I hope everything goes as well as it can for you guys 'n gals.

Go in drains (and stuff)!

Cheers

Doug/Mick

Doug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Unfortunately due to copyright it's probably only viewable in Australia unless you know how to get around it.

I've done over 100 media interviews regarding the Cave Clan & this one is unique.
It focuses on a few of the artists in the Cave Clan (and me ;) )

It's not the real Cave Clan, it's the grey haired, wrinkly & flabby Cave Clan.

Please feel free to share.

Link >CC on ABC Arts

Last edited by a moderator:

jcreedy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well you certainly got your fingers burnt with Brad, this is exactly what will happen when you go for the fame and fortune, its best to keep the decent stuff fully off the radar, the stories are often better than any pics anyway

NS has been pretty quiet since his arrest. Maybe he's learnt his lesson.

m9

big in japan
Regular User
As someone with an unfortunate experience of exploring in London I would not be making anything public that can be used against you even if you have done nothing wrong in the process, trust me shouting out in the daily wrags and TV is NOT worth the little amount of money you get in return if the police or companies get upset enough at your adventures...

By 'eck - didn't clock you weighing in. Been a while - you still busy?

m9

big in japan
Regular User
@Doug - is there any way one of you can rip this and get it on a private vimeo or something?

Last edited by a moderator: