real time web analytics
The Death Trap thread | Photo Threads | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Death Trap thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

horrgakx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Flooded mine shaft, about 1,000 feet straight to the bottom....
Florence Mine, Egremont.

49663673776_8a867037fa_h.jpg
Florence Mine by Dave Wilson, on Flickr

chills

Queller of the uprising
There's been a few 'I don't want to die in a derelict building moments' including Stone Galleon in Digbeth...

Amazingly it’s still standing. I’ve thought about it then see photos like this and it reminds me to maybe not..

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nope... no... nada... not at all... I wouldn't be comfortable underground, nevermind seeing that!

There was some rusty acro props in the next room too. The whole place evidently floods & quite impressive how the water has eroded what I assume was once a pillar

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Forgot I taken this shot - 5 floors up at the top of the staircase of the main building at Tonedale Mills..

50240642053_93d8aa3de1_b.jpg

bwizz

28DL Member
28DL Member
My favorite death trap is probably Facit Sandstone Mine, it's a complete labyrinth of passages inside the pillar and stall mine. I have seen talk of 120km of passages, this was quoted after the rescue of 3 children who were missing in here for a few days. Navigating your way through is interesting as it all looks the same and is sort of laid out in a grid pattern.

Apart from that it's one of the most unstable places I've seen and that's throughout, the floor often mirrors the shape of the roof as the rock falls off, people have used string in the past to mark the way through but this is now buried under fresh rock falls. I've not encountered bad air in there myself, but a couple of people I know have done in the past.

Just a correction. It was 3adults missing for 3days in 1980

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Blade Runner - Hungary (No idea what it's actually called)
Probably not the most dangerous of the lot but this place is defiantly a case of one wrong step and you're on a whistle stop tour to the floor.

And St Joes Seminary
The roof is the floor in some places.

And shoreham cement works, went through about 3 stairs here and almost the floor a few times.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1045) View details