real time web analytics
Report - - The Defence of Plymouth, Devon/Cornwall, July 2018 - July 2020 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Defence of Plymouth, Devon/Cornwall, July 2018 - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice summary of things to see down there. So which of them haven't been done before, as in no pictures of the insides - that battery (redoubt 5)?

Cheers @urbanchemist

I've seen one pretty limited set of photos from someone who used a ladder that was there for a short period of time and got into Redoubt No.5. They're on another site (DP).

There's also a set of interiors of Renney Battery on Flickr HERE.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Drake's is currently open with tours operating, they didn't look well equipped though, and a massive group, so I'm not sure if they're doing the underground bits.

There's also Airsoft running once a month, playing on all parts of the site that have been cleared inclusive of tunnels, I grabbed what shots I could during play, but only had my phone and a WML, so they're far from ideal.

Few samples below whilst I'm waiting for the ferry.
20230819_171321.JPG

20230819_162209.JPG

20230819_151212.JPG

jiver

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Any one who enjoyed time at Junior Leaders Regiment Royal Armoured Corps will have memories of Rennie.
The left hand battery was a store for training kit and the other was used for drying tents and stuff.
Being forced to bathe in the sea in mid December off rennie rocks. Cold dark wet Nissan huts. I believe it’s private houses there now. There was a pillbox right at the entrance by the main road.

PostOppo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow amazing report thank you :) I have been to the oil tankers but never found out what they were so this was really helpful

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wow amazing report thank you :) I have been to the oil tankers but never found out what they were so this was really helpful
You're very welcome. So much stuff to explore round Plym. Really enjoyed my wanders round the area.

Who has read this thread (Total: 403) View details