real time web analytics
Report - - The Dormy Hotel, Dorset, March 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Dormy Hotel, Dorset, March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Peachpai

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,

This is my first report so CC is welcome!

The Dormy Hotel, Ferndown, was considered a luxury four star hotel when it opened and catered for some of the South's most rich and famous. Unfortunately due poor turnover the hotel shutdown in 2004 and has laid empty for the past 10 years.
Whilst many different prospective buyers submitted plans to the council to redevelop the beautiful 8 acre site, the hotel is still standing.
It was purchased in November 2012 with a plan to turn it into a large retirement home and several blocks of flats and whilst builders have obviously attended the site, no work has yet begun.

The hotel is now is an unbelievable condition, (which I can safely attribute to the extremely lacking security and creative gate planning). Almost every window has been smashed, fires have destroyed parts of building and the water logged floorboards make some parts of the hotel un-passable.

This post card of the Dormy in it's prime gives a stark view of how much damage has been caused in recent years.

P.s, sorry for the picture quality - I only had an iPhone with me which appears to have considerably let me down..

ErcRzbc.jpg

Then....
frBVaqS.jpg

Now..
hRjbfJ6.jpg

sg6h1KG.jpg

MjMwcdE.jpg

WNQhoLR.jpg

8T44iMl.jpg

et91dIZ.jpg

An example of the worst parts of the building
pLfgmZL.jpg

The stage
lUq4DxK.jpg

Most of the rooms are stripped bare, we didn't dare venture upstairs in this building though...
z0igMsU.jpg

Thanks for reading guys!

Last edited:

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Re: The Dormy Hotel, March 2014

thanks for sharing but could you pop a location on the title please

eliquidmatt

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice report :) I live about 10 minutes from this site and went down to do some recon work this evening.. there seems to be a definite presence of demolition activity as various JCB's are now parked on site.. but the hotel is still standing and the leisure center doesn't appear to have been touched yet. I am planning a visit with the camera over the next couple of days!