real time web analytics
Report - - The Drum car park, Bracknell, May 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Drum car park, Bracknell, May 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LoganMcrae

The Fox
28DL Full Member
History
One of the few sh*tholes in Bracknell that hasn't been demolished in order to make it the most renovated town in Britain. As with most places in Bracknell, history is hard to come by. I cant find when the place was built or when it was closed although its lifespan was approximately from the 70s to the 00s. It's frequently used by local Photography/Media students as an interesting shooting location. Unfortunatley the nightclub under the spiral exit has been completely concreted over.
The Visit
Entry was easy. Every time I've been here a new entrance has been created. This place is so popular that nobody wants to be locked out. Managed to get through the whole place undisturbed. Also managed to scare the sh*t out of some kids while I was leaving.

hDHTcug.jpg

An exposed fuse box on the ground floor
MQDLde5.jpg

O70m3xq.jpg

The boarded up attendant booth
P2mg2yC.jpg

cQOQm5p.jpg

rBIjuYF.jpg

BBZ3nIv.jpg

eROVC9v.jpg

cIv2vb8.jpg

9qfiFwt.jpg

GX0DY4f.jpg

kyMBARB.jpg

Interesting the kinda things that are left in abandoned places
UIWZHjD.jpg

K3L1hXp.jpg

NOhM8W3.jpg

O0dOHbl.jpg

n5FQVlW.jpg

The roof of what was once the nightclub
dSlUh57.jpg

MStGVH7.jpg

5hkN4MQ.jpg

MQmPf9T.jpg

UWNkC73.jpg

RPCrThy.jpg

KWRXj1q.jpg

Found a nest in one of the static lifts
Q0OHRwT.jpg

R3Sgocs.jpg

The lift machinery (Yes that is all pigeon shit)
VH9koKg.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
different ill give ya that lol

Well, yes

It's not really something that's going to inspire other people to visit, but well done for documenting a crap hole :p

What it lacks in for being an appealing site, (unless you have a thing for car parks), I'm sure makes up for it with the effort

Keep at it and keep exploring all the same :thumb

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
The plus side is that your next report can't be any worse :thumb
The point to remember is ask yourself 'Would anybody else be interested in seeing images or visiting this site?'

LoganMcrae

The Fox
28DL Full Member
The plus side is that your next report can't be any worse :thumb
The point to remember is ask yourself 'Would anybody else be interested in seeing images or visiting this site?'
Alright, I'll admit it isn't the most glamorous location, but I'm on this site to share my urban exploration photos and stories. I don't care if an abandoned parking garage isn't interesting to you or anyone else. Its abandoned, so it belongs on this site. There is nothing wrong with my report

Last edited:

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Bracknell needs bulldozing and a nice 6 lane motorway put from the M3 to the M4 across it. Fucking roundabout congested shitpit.

jdtaylor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was something on youtube about this site, which I think was published coming up to a year ago potentially from one or two people.

LoganMcrae

The Fox
28DL Full Member
Car Park 5! Great to see Bracknell featured on 28D (give me a shout if you're sploring around Bracknell again sometime).

I did a report on this place myself a couple of years ago. It's here if you wanna check it out: https://bracknellblogger.co.uk/2014/09/07/car-park-5-farewell-to-a-bracknell-landmark/
FWIW I think it's a very interesting site; gr8 report m8 ;)
I found your report while trying to find history on the car park! I didn't realise you were here on 28DL as well.