real time web analytics
Report - - The Durham Ox, Sheffield - September 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Durham Ox, Sheffield - September 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Abandoned-Sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of the many pubs that were situated around Broad Street, now it seems it may only be this one and the Ye Old Harrow that still stands. There really isn't much at all inside this pub and there is little indication that it was actually ever even a pub.

You can check out all my photos from this explore here on my Flickr.

Background:
The Durham Ox was situated at 15 Cricket Inn Road, off Broad Street, and opened in 1862. Having closed in 1993, it was originally named after the bull calf bred by Charles Colling at Ketton Hall in 1796, which went on to become a national celebrity due to its size.

The explore:
Access to the pub was, surprisingly, quite easy and straight forward. Having been used as a construction site office, little remains of a 'pub' actually exist. In more recent times the pub was used student accommodation and there are many signs of this inside. Sadly access to the upper floor was impossible due to wooden boards around the stairway, but the ground and basement levels were fully accessible.

Sadly it seems this is yet another place that has been damaged by fire:
Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 01.14.10.png

There are definitely signs that the building had been used as student accommodation:
Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 01.15.43.png

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 01.17.12.png

Down into the basement we go:
Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 01.18.11.jpg

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 01.19.09.png

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Wow really no remnants of a pub left, shame. Great history though. Shame the fire destroyed so much

Who has read this thread (Total: 190) View details