real time web analytics
Report - - The Former Brookfield Hydro Cinema, Poynton (Aug 2011) | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Former Brookfield Hydro Cinema, Poynton (Aug 2011)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sunnyy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
1068025_dde235a4.jpg

(Credit for this pic goes to someone else)

Situated on the busy London Road South, this building dates back to the late 1930's. It once was a cinema hence the name but Its not a cinema anymore and i don’t think it has been for many years. Over the last 20 years or so it has been a nightclub a restaurant and a bar. The building has been closed for about 8 years.

I’ve travelled past this building many times over the years, it hasn’t been of interest to me until I discovered this forum and got interested in Urbex. A lot of local places I’ve considered going to have already been explored and posted on forums... I couldn’t find any traces of this building anywhere, so its good to know that I’m the first to post it (i think!)

Also this is my first explore so sorry about the number of pictures. I just wanted to try and capture everything I saw. The building was definitely a nightclub last, it has 3 floors and a hell of a lot of rooms filled with interesting crap. I was surprised how untouched most of the interior was, half of it was perfect and then half of it was pretty messed up. None of the electrics or lights worked except for two freezers we found in a small room, they were still
on and everything was still frozen!!

Had a really good visit anyway, I definitely recommend!

Oh and this was a night visit, entry in the day would be pretty hard.

DSCF0475.jpg

DSCF0477.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg
DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0488.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg
DSCF0503.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

Stumbled across these photos in a random box, pretty creepy ay!

DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg
DSCF0684.jpg

DSCF0693.jpg
DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0708.jpg

DSCF0709.jpg

DSCF0697.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: