real time web analytics
Report - - The Franconians Steelworks - Germany, June 2014 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Franconians Steelworks - Germany, June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bearded Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: The Franconians Steelworks. Germany, Jun '14

This is fantastic dude! I'm a steelworker myself and this is one of the best reports ive seen so far

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

14450198225_e375ae3890_c.jpg

-
great pics and a great write up, that even I can read and understand; I like the way telling the story with the pictures.
to be honest, I have not been in that place that far before, so,
we have done that site together
and it was big fun and I enjoyed it much.
main thing for me is, that you made an extra 500 miles to give me a visit without expecting a big explore
thanks peoples,
was me an honour

Last edited:

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User

"with hindsight it should have been obvious that Bigjobs would attach a nine inch black rubber dildo to it.. "

- This is my new favourite quote on 28.

Nice report too :)

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member

Yeah this is all a bit ridiculous like you said.

'Shame we don't have anything that epic over here', etc....

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Re: The Franconians Steelworks. Germany, June 2014

Really enjoyed reading this... superb stuff and looks like a fun time had, which is what its all about :)

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member

There are some places ... meh, there are some places ... interesting, & there are some places ...
jaw136x138_zps57e3ccd2.jpg
& this is one fits in the last catagory!! Bravo!! simply crackers!!:thumb

"with hindsight it should have been obvious that Bigjobs would attach a nine inch black rubber dildo to it.. "

- This is my new favourite quote on 28.

Nice report too :)

..the real question ... why did Big Jobs have a "9" black rubber dildo" in his possession?:eek: surely, that's not standard UE kit? or do I want to know??:p:

Last edited:

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User

About that dildo…

14566491872_f8070d6581_b.jpg

14380654378_a304912b71_b.jpg

14380664389_8bfff83975_b.jpg

14566494602_c0847d7d3c_b.jpg

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
Mucho lolz were had, mucho beer was drank, mucho steelworks & powerstations were walked around and slept on. A++ would explore again.

My pics are still on the camera I'm afraid :s

"Jobs, no jizzing on the children". That's my favourite line said to me now. With "Jobs, you are not shitting in that bin" coming a close 2nd.

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Epic! What a great plant. The steam engines are amazing considering that is certainly modern lube gear (70s/80s?) on very old engines. The Babcock builders plate on what I assume is a boiler is a strange site in East Germany as well. There looks to be nothing less than first class stuff too see for as long as you explore, a real wonderland.

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
The steam engines didn't just have the modern lubrication system, they had electronic control panels too. It seemed like they had been used up until the site closed. I meant to try to find their age, but I'd forgotten until now..
That power house had a lot of Babcock stuff in it actually, more strange because the rest of the kit was MAN, which being an abbreviation of Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg is definitely German..
The whole place was quite a mix though, there was kit from Siemens, GE, ABB and more. And yes, it really was a wonderland if you're into the industrial stuff.