real time web analytics
Question - - The future of urbex | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - The future of urbex

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Dude it’s nothing personal,

All areas in the U.K. have lost access to mines in the last 10years mainly due to increased exposure on social media sites...........I don’t know how long you’ve been exploring mines but the list of Wiltshire mines I posted above were all accessible and now aren’t,so I guess the only thing that will convince you is in another 10years time when you see it for yourself.....a lot of mines in Cornwall and some welsh have stayed off radar and have stayed untouched because they are largely unknown .........even on aditnow there are threads about battles for access even for such things as public footpaths.
A change in law would be detrimental to all mines without current access agreements as many landowners would just backfill entrances to avoid liability,or you deal with plod as you say and they give you a criminal record

And come on how many times have I disagreed with you ? Twice ?
and from that you want to block me,me to just fuck off,then search my post history to see what I’ve contributed etc.
All that because of the above and myself and many others disagreeing with you about the price of a holiday.
Look mate trust me I understand mine access a lot more than you think , I understand exactly what your saying , I should have elaborated on my original comment immediately I apologise ok , I am sure one day you will visit this area and understand my 14:15 year dispute with land owners regarding mines to realise my personal opinions, but in the larger view of exploring yes I was incorrect accepted it was a stupid comment on my behalf and I should of said it better :thumb

there is a lot more I am involved with mines /caving than what you no of to do with access etc

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You mean the guy I've met three times in my entire life?

He also talks to people in NP+ about places but I bet they don't get slagged off!

Still doesn't change my opinion of Facebook / YouTube / Tabloids berks.
To b fair there are people in NP here who hang with you tubers but I'm guessing admin don't realise that

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yes it will .......it turns getting caught from a slap on the wrist to a criminal record.........id hardly call that more fun

and as Shaun said more mines would be gated,yes you may get some access arrangements but a large majority would be lost.

it’s why you dont see a lot of London stuff compared to10years ago,terrorism laws means exploring tubes,infrastructure etc could mean serious jail time..........for exploring,fook that

With regards to it becoming a criminal offence the punishment depends entirely on how they choose to enforce it and what penalties may apply.

From personal experience, having talked to friends of mine in the States who have all been arrested at some point in the past for trespass, most of the time the only punishment is a summons to court to pay a fine (usually a couple of hundred bucks). Very occasionally things go awry and they end up in more trouble, a couple of my friends have been put on six month good behaviour bonds for instance in the past. There's not normally a permanent criminal record for simple trespass over there unless you're trespassing on federal property which means automatic jail time.

I've nearly been arrested in the states a couple of times as well as explored places covered by federal laws and whilst it's not fun having to explain yourself to the police the very same thing does on the rare occasion happen over here don't forget.

Let's not forget also plenty of people go from the UK to explore in Germany where it's a criminal offence, things are the same in the ROI as well.

As far as I'm concerned it being made criminal would be one of the best things to happen. It wouldn't totally stop the flow of morons but it'd certainly make a few think twice.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
exploring the states would be far to scary for me unless I was with a local..........”trespassers will be shot” signs are enough to keep me away :D but guess they wouldn’t have much effect in the U.K.;)

And yer it would slow the morons but it may also force non morons to stop completely as the potential risk of a record however low could effect job/family etc

Last edited:

Blackeyed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't know about the UK scene, I live in Europe, but for me urbex has definetly changed a bit since I started. Right now, we are losing locations at a faster pace then before to fires and vandalism etc because it has become more popular and also attracts more people with less clean intentions. A few people I knew stopped exploring because of this and because of the facebook fights. I personally decided to just turn my back on the facebook exploring community and still keep exploring myself.
Because of the popularity, exploring is a little less easy now then back when I started, but it also provides me more challenges, which I kind of enjoy in a way. Now I have to search much better to find a location that's still worth it, but it's more rewarding as well. Also got into the underground scene, partly because of that, and I really do not regret it. It's one of the best things that happened to me. I've got to meet a few people from the local underground scene and some became my friend. I actually met my boyfriend in the quarries as well. I learned a lot about the history and the way you explore quarries and had many amazing adventures.
If stuff gets harder, you will have to try harder.
I kind of see this as a positive development as well, because eventually the youtube goons will hopefully stop trying because it's not worth the time and effort and risk for them anymore and there will be easier ways to get likes.

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its full of muppets, scumbag thieves & goontubers!
Everywhere gets tourbussed as soon as a single pic is posted & people just generally dont seem in it for "the love" of a place anymore but are more interested in likes & potential profits!
Its not the same as when I started & think anyone who has been doing it for a while will feel the same
I have to agree with this even though I've got a YouTube lol, I only started that to document the places in Northumberland and prob gonna knock that on the head and just take pictures now, all I ever see is fake ghosts, nuns, begging for likes, subs nd money, once a place gets out then the tourbus is there, have these people ever found a place of their own? Then there's the thieves, smashing places up nd burning them down, very few people in it for the love of urbex

Who has read this thread (Total: 190) View details