real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - The Gaumont Cinema, Union Street, Plymouth | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) The Gaumont Cinema, Union Street, Plymouth

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spent 5 hours in the place the first day it was opened to the public The general feeling is god tv will put in for 3 more years on their original planning application in next year and probably walk away from the place by 2021 Talk is that the place has become a massive money pit for them which sadly they just don't have the funds for Apparently developer KHH Ltd own the freehold and the rumor is they will more than likely demolish it in the end
Oh that would be so sad if that happened but realistically what can they do with it, did you ever go there when it was a club?

tatyr raker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would guess the whole club area in Union Street is due for a clean up/redevelopment in the eyes of the city planners. I haven't lived there for a long time but seems like the night life has moved east somewhat. Maintenance must be hefty on a building that age, as well as bringing it up to current safety / access regs

Ethnic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No way man you saw the Ramones there! I would have loved to see the Ramones, and never knew they played in Plymouth. I saw Blancmange there in the 80s who were being supported by an up and coming Depeche Mode I think, anyway I want to be sedated
Eddie and the Hot Rods too!!

Ethnic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would guess the whole club area in Union Street is due for a clean up/redevelopment in the eyes of the city planners. I haven't lived there for a long time but seems like the night life has moved east somewhat. Maintenance must be hefty on a building that age, as well as bringing it up to current safety / access regs
All changed, even the Two Trees has been demolished.
Still, it will all be good when the boulevard is built. Just imagine sitting outside sipping your cappuccino in February with the"girls" walking past on their way to work.

crazyjonhere

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
God Tv finally announced in January that they were walking away from the building which we kind of all knew in October of 2018 Today it just sits there doing nothing The local rag The Herald managed to find and talk to the main man of KHH LTD during February of this year but sadly didn't really manage to get much info out of the fella as he's a bit of a eccentric Talk is one day it will be knocked down as KHH has always wanted to do this since they first bought the building in 2009

Stuiee2811

28DL Member
28DL Member
Who is likely to be the best person to get in touch with about getting inside here? Would love to get some pics of the place before it meets it's fate.

crazyjonhere

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is a rumor going around well Plymouth City Council have just mentioned but not really elaborated on Their words ( We have just acquired a rather large commercial building in the city center recently ) that this building is possibly going to be demolished before the year is out

Who has read this thread (Total: 414) View details