Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - The Grand Hotel, Leigh-on-Sea - Essex | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - The Grand Hotel, Leigh-on-Sea - Essex

oakley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place has been closed since december 2008 i believe, located on leigh broadway. Had a look at it a few times, seems to be well secured with those metal grills. Possibly still alarmed.

Although now i have just found this news about the twat from TOWIE doing it all up into a 'boutique hotel'. Bought it for £4.3million. Says work is set to begin in january but nothing ever usually goes to plan. Some photo's of inside too, the press have done the work for us..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ilapidated-hotel-plans-renovate-son-Kirk.html

AndrewB

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Although now i have just found this news about the twat from TOWIE doing it all up into a 'boutique hotel'
Which one? There's many.

Good lead, I saw this a while in mind of heading to have a look. So as usual I forgot untill this.

Bmon

28DL Member
28DL Member
Im just down the road from it at first glance it looks very secure only on the lower levels thought and yeah the plum that owns sugar hut is trying to buy it but hasnt managed to come up with the money so far.... going to have a go over the weekend remember when it was open its hugh inside :) the only thing thats got me worried is theres a light in the atic on sumtimes you can see it when you drive past at night its not on all the time tho ??

oakley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah, as far as i know, he's bought it and work was supposed to start. And yeah i have also noticed the attic light at night!

Bmon

28DL Member
28DL Member
yeah, as far as i know, he's bought it and work was supposed to start. And yeah i have also noticed the attic light at night!
there not always on are they and iv seen a window open at the side when iv been at the mariners got a feeling they may have guardian tennants in there ?

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Had a quick look around this site tonight whilst in the area. Seems fairly secure from what I can see and CCTV appears active (IR glow). Some evidence of site activity so work may have begun, but nothing significant it's still very much derelict. Would make a challenging but exciting interior explore!