Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - The Great House | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - The Great House

StevieSweet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whilst on a recent Business trip, whilst driving through the town of Kegworth (Derbyshire), I spotted some old cars in a yard at the side of a building. Some internet research shows that the house is very old, and has an interesting history. It's called 'The Great House' and is on London Road in Kegworth. Apologies if it's already known about.

zoe

Old enough to be your mum
28DL Full Member
been trying to contact you mrtoby, to no avail, drop me a line

StevieSweet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been past that before, im not sure its 'Derelict'..
I did some research as I want to buy one of the particular cars in the yard at the side, and I have the owners name and address.

As far as I'm aware, he still uses the yard on a daily basis, but the house is not live? I apologise if this is incorrect, as I see someone has some info on this site?

Unfortunately I am not allowed PM on here. So if you want info hunt me down via my Flickr. thanking you...
I tired that , and you blocked me for being smart enough to figure out a location from photos.

Also If you're going to message me back , give me the chance to reply before you block me!

mrtoby

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
DBTH-I blocked you because I was sick of your cocky questions, remarks and manor.
Lets not get started on that though hey?-might open a can of worms like any comment or post you make on FB, Flickr other forums or PRESS sites.

StevieSweet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a fantastic entrance to a property the curved steps up to the front door and the twin porthole windows
I agree - Looks a fantastic house (I love period features like that!!)

Not sure if you've done this yet, but our old friend Google gives some good info on this site, and it seems that it was built in a very interesting period. Think it's also got a big cellar - oh and a ghost:eek: