real time web analytics
Report - - The Grosvenor Hotel Sheffield August 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Grosvenor Hotel Sheffield August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
I've been trying to get these up for the last few days now but my laptops been thinking otherwise, time for a new one I think!:mad

After seeing this place over and over again and wanting to Top it so bad....... my time finally came:D

Starting at the ground floor leeskywalker and my self made our way up floor by floor checking out all the rooms as we went, this place offered some really nice views from some of the windows, its a shame for it to have shut down. Some of the rooms had some cracking wallpapers haha there were also still pictures up on the walls in most of the rooms.

We kept getting higher and higher worked our way through the staff living quarters, Kitchens and laundry rooms this place is huge!!!

Eventually reaching the top we sat and admired the views before cracking on with the job in hand.

History:

Back in the day The Grosvenor along with Hallam Towers were THE hotels in Sheffield. Both part of the Trusthouse Forte chain, if anybody who was anybody were visiting the city this would be where they would stay.

The Hotel opened its doors to the public in 1966 and closed in 2010, the hotel consisted of 85 rooms running through 15 floors.

This part of the city is due for redevelopment so we might not get to see this old building any more as rumours of demolition are being discussed.

Anyway on with the shots I hope you all enjoy!!:)

_DSC0975_zpsbdad0bec.jpg

_DSC0993_zpsb543cd5c.jpg

_DSC0994_zps827164ee.jpg

_DSC0995_zps87551e5a.jpg

_DSC0987_zps02dd8588.jpg

_DSC1000_zps646f6fe6.jpg

_DSC1005_zps4399ba6e.jpg

_DSC1006_zps3e9cf07d.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed!!:)

Until next time............​

leeskywalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome shots mate, quite a spooky place this, especially when we kept ending up back in that kitchen out of the shining, no matter which way we turned lol

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well you never call :)

Excellent work :thumb you've deffo got the Skywalker flair mate :)

Having a busy old time you high rise lads ATM it's a good job you don't live in Wakefield :)

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Awesome shots mate, quite a spooky place this, especially when we kept ending up back in that kitchen out of the shining, no matter which way we turned lol

Cheers mate, revisit for the inside? will prob just be picture after picture of that kitchen cause we will get lost haha

Well you never call :)

Excellent work :thumb you've deffo got the Skywalker flair mate :)

Having a busy old time you high rise lads ATM it's a good job you don't live in Wakefield :)

Cheer Dude!! :)

Ohh the Skywalker flair he will like that!!

leeskywalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers mate, revisit for the inside? will prob just be picture after picture of that kitchen cause we will get lost haha

Yeah defo on a revisit I wish we could have spent more time inside, but like you said I don't think we'll ever make it out of the kitchen. Its going to give me night mares that place lol

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member

Yeah defo on a revisit I wish we could have spent more time inside, but like you said I don't think we'll ever make it out of the kitchen. Its going to give me night mares that place lol

haha nightmares, I thought it was quite nice apart from the wallpaper in some of the rooms lol:laugh

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Glad you thought it was nice because I thought we were staying the night at one point lol[/QUOTE

LMFAO!! Im not going to lie I did see the panic on your face at one point, didn't want to say anything and make it worse but yeah I though the same, still I could of then said I had stayed there if anyone ever asked lol

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Thanks mate, roof top meet would of been awesome on here!!
:)

You guys have been pretty busy too, them roof tops look sick!!