Web
Analytics
Report - - The Hobbit House, Chedglow - November 2012 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Hobbit House, Chedglow - November 2012

Seffy

Bally up!
Regular User
The Hobbit House (or 'Colin's Barn'), Chedglow - November 2012

I was driving back from London and had lot's of time to kill so thought I'd take a detour into the countryside. Hidden away deep in Wiltshire is this little gem. It is almost completely unchavved and there is no damage that isn't natural. It looks like the farmer who owns the land is using it for some light storage currently.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I found it fascinating, how it lies here just forgotten about.

Some very brief history:
Briefly, it was built between 1989 and 1999 by a stained glass artist called Colin Stokes, on land he owned near his house in Chedglow, Wiltshire. He built it for his sheep. The council were not best pleased that neither Stokes nor his flock had been through the due planning process, and the stress of the bureaucracy may have contributed to him moving to Scotland. The ‘barn’ remains quietly dilapidating in a field.
Cheers to pseudo for the info, and indeed clebby for finding it in the first place!

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg
DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg
DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Nick John

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
certainly still there as of last 23rd May, I parked down Rommel lane & crossed fields next to horse riding place