real time web analytics
Report - - The kings Hall Methodist Church,Southall - March 2022 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The kings Hall Methodist Church,Southall - March 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History of the Kings Hall

The King’s Hall was built in 1916 and was designed by architect Sir Alfred Gelder of Hull. The King’s Hall building has a 3-storey red brick and stone facade. It was operated by the Uxbridge and Southall Wesleyan Mission and it was soon screening religious films. By 1926, it was operating as a regular cinema, still managed by the Methodist church. The King’s Hall Cinema was closed in 1937. It then reverted back to a Methodist Church use as the King’s Hall Methodist Church.
It closed it doors for the last time in January 2013

The Explore

After many weeks of being lazy not bothering to get up early to go see this place we finally got our arses out of bed and took the not so long hour journey down to Southall.

We arrived at around 6am while it was still darkish but with it being London there was a few people wondering around so we parked up next to it (wasn't until we came out that I realised we had parked in a private car park managed by euro car parks so will probably be getting a bloody ticket in the post)
Once we parked up we headed over to the building and made our way in, once inside we were meet by some amazing but rather decaying tiled corridors which lead us in to the amazing main auditorium which is just simply stunning, the huge dome looking like a giant space ship straight out of independence day.
Moving further around the building u will find lots of other smaller rooms of worship and a few more rooms which were not of much interest.
There is even signs that squatters once stayed here with bedding and mattresses in a couple of the rooms, however im pretty sure they moved on a while ago.
This has to be 1 of the most beautiful places we have explored and was surprised to learn that it shut its doors for the final time just under 10 years ago as its decaying quite rapidly in places.
The wooden floors in here are suffering quite badly, it kinda looks like a tilde wave has ripped through underneath, no idea what causes this effect but its pretty cool.

The main Corridor around the main Auditorium

The ground floor i
nside the main auditorium
View attachment

1 of many pianos still left inside

1 Of The other rooms of worship

Some serious mould & fungus growing in here

A rather mouldy piano

In to the corridoors now

A very soggy & heavely decayed room, a kitchen maybe?

Jesus said im a loaf of bread!??...

Another piano, looks like half the cealing has fallen down on this 1

Another room of worship

Jesus said i am the vine??.. Jeremery Vine??

Right at the top now, quite decayed up here

Stumbled across secca!

Not much to see in here,the cealing is quite nice though!

I aint putting my arse anywhere near those seats!

A few more corridoor shots

Inside the auditorium. Just simply stunning

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
great to see this place again. rather underated it think.
looking even better with the decay. the mould and cobwebs tempt me back

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not seen any photos from here for a while. Other than a load more pigeon shit it doesn't look too different really. Nice explore this!
Yea it's a good one ain't it. And yea I was looking back on older reports and not much has changed, maybe a bit more decay in places

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done, contary to what @Grom said I think every man & his dog has been here recently myself included lol.
It is however one of the nicest bits of architecture for sure. Well reported

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah just smile & wave at the guy from the fruit & veg shop when u leave like we did lol
Haha he was out sorting a delivery when we suddenly appeared at the top of the fence, he seemed a bit startled but I explained to him we had been inside taking pictures. He seemed nice enough though

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done, contary to what @Grom said I think every man & his dog has been here recently myself included lol.
It is however one of the nicest bits of architecture for sure. Well reported
Cheers mate. Yea definitely it's pretty amazing in there. 1 of the best I've done so far and not miles away Iver!

Who has read this thread (Total: 272) View details