real time web analytics
Report - - The Limelight, Crewe - June 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Limelight, Crewe - June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
New Find On 28DL

The Limelight was a popular live music venue located just a 2 minute walk from Crewe Town Centre, the main building was constructed in 1869 as a church complete with a connected church hall. It was converted (along with several joining houses) into a club that was very popular with local residents. The club had a history of financial trouble in it's last few years, eventually closing in December 2009, with rumours circulating that the owner was serving time a Her Majesties Pleasure. The lights inside the main club are still turned on with plug sockets still active and even the light on one of the beer pumps is still on (But sadly not pulling beer through :mad:)

The club is now for sale at £315,000. - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52571825.html

11390478_10153372017689100_5030764132141694419_n.jpg

The Photographs
IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

IMG_5890.JPG

IMG_5771.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5798.JPG

IMG_5768.JPG

View attachment 4635

IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5837.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5824.JPG

IMG_5788.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

Cheers For Looking. :cool:

Last edited:

simond11

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went to the club from the first year to the last and to see it like this is utter shame. I remember the great times we all had there though. How did you get access to photo it ?

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Impressive building. Good to meet you the other week too, had any more luck there?

Not yet mate, I'll keep my eye on it. I may have away into the cinema next door, just waiting for a good day off to have a punt.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Nice looking place with an interesting history :thumb Cheers for sharing

ScoobyDoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pics, I remember seeing a lot of tribute bands on in here, it was a great club at one time

exploringthedark

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live a 2 minute walk away from the limelight, just wondering how you managed to get in? Is there an opening anywhere? Also, cheshire east council has granted permission to turn the limelight into flats. Very unfortunate but its been abandoned for so long after the last owner left it to rot.

exploringthedark

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also another live music venue closed down in crewe, originally called Eden theatre, it changed to a goth/emo rock bar called Dante's. Its actually oposite the limelight, big red brick building, block boards on the windows. Only 3 ways in that i know of. Front door is a no go. Side door is a no go. You would need to scale the building to get in from the back inconspicuously. Good luck if you try it.