Web
Analytics
the lost pub project | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk

the lost pub project

pigdog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
dont know if its in the right place but ive come across a site called the lost pub project,intresting site ,few places worth checking out

Gh0sT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Get the plaque back H , i'd rather have in me draw at home than chance it going into a skip once the developers move in.

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Looks like it could be a good project if people get behind it, my local town only has one listed at the moment - and there are, of course, dozens.

Got a mate in camra (you know the sort, typical camra member, beard, tatoos, beer belly, greasy hair - nice girl :D)

Bet they've got a local list I could get them to send.

Misfit

"barry"
28DL Full Member
Majority of my explores have been pubs and stuff...Theres shit loads around west yorkshire..People just dont go out and drink in pubs any more..bloody night clubs spoiling things.

Styru..I work in a real ale pub and you just described ninety percent of our customers :p

misfits

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
People just dont go out and drink in pubs any more..bloody night clubs spoiling things.

Its not the night clubs really thats at fault with pubs closing as they open the doors around 10 and pubs close at 11, its this dam recession thats killed them and cheap drink, its much easyer and cheaper to buy cans etc than go for a night out in the pub

Misfit

"barry"
28DL Full Member
Its not the night clubs really thats at fault with pubs closing as they open the doors around 10 and pubs close at 11, its this dam recession thats killed them and cheap drink, its much easyer and cheaper to buy cans etc than go for a night out in the pub
I disagree...Where I work we lost lots of trade after a new club opened up across the river...same in the bigger town down the road..pubs nearer clubs just dont get buisness from many people under the age of thirty
Anyway..lets not detract from the point of the thread :thumb

M

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
Well maybe so for yours but its not the main factor why they are closing all over britain, you can goto a supermarket these days that's always at war with best prices with each other and buy 2 crates of cans worth 15 pound, how many water down pints can you buy at your pub for that price?

There is a lot of people unemployed now also that still enjoy a drink and the cheaper offers is the best solution