Web
Analytics
Report - - The Mains, Highlands Scotland - April 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Mains, Highlands Scotland - April 2020

Webb7 Photography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A time capsule cottage sitting away from civilisation. As usual it's always difficult to find any information from any of these properties. Everything inside the property is very dated. There is not even electricity to the cottage itself, it's all gas operated from the lights to the irons. There used to be egg style chairs bit they have sadly been stolen before my visit

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
This house is not abandoned - at least not any more. The woman who owns it still uses it occasionally, and every time she secures it someone breaks in. The theft of the chairs was the final straw for her so if anyone goes now don't be surprised if you discover a guy with a big barky dog living there guarding it who is a friend of the owner.

This isn't just hearsay either, it's come from a very reliable source who actually met the woman in question.

Webb7 Photography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's the first thing I've ever heard of that. Pigeon dropping all upstairs. Do you know if the supposed history is true about it about the boy there. I looked it up but pretty sure it's of a different farm

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
That's the first thing I've ever heard of that. Pigeon dropping all upstairs. Do you know if the supposed history is true about it about the boy there. I looked it up but pretty sure it's of a different farm
Nope it's about this place - she uses it occasionally, not often, but it's still used - maybe not 'lived in' but she wasn't happy at all about people getting in, leaving it open etc.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I always find these break ins so so sad. I know I had it with my late uncles cottage. We had it locked and lights on timers etc, but people still broke in and stole loads of my nans stuff as she was his heir. In her 80s herself she couldnt do much. We did the best we could. And removed what was left after a huge theft. The for sale sign should of been enough to know it wasn't abandoned or derelict. But no people got wind that the owner had died and in they went anyway!!

Feech

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was @Feech who gave me that info, she went up and bumped into the owner. She may be to provide more info.
Happy to expand on what’s been said above if you want to message me. But that’s pretty much it in a nutshell. A plea from the owner for people not to visit any more and real distress about what has been done to the property in the past.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
If someone owns this place and is actively using it shouldn't it be in n.p...?