real time web analytics
The Monastery, Glos | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Monastery, Glos

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first post so apologies if it’s not up to scratch. Not strictly a monastery but wasn’t sure what else to call it. I’ve been inside numerous times in the last 4 years and it hasn’t changed much at all so I don’t think it’s a well known place - I’m therefore reluctant to name it.
It’s an interesting place with a few original bits left, but it is very ‘samey’ throughout. As far as I can tell it closed in the late 90’s/early 00’s.
From the outside:

Certain rooms were completely devastated:

Original stained glass:

Hope you’ve enjoyed my first report!

Last edited:

tigger

mog
Regular User
Congratulations on your first post.

Have a read of the guides to the way things work, maybe post an introduction about yourself and your interests.

2 Posting a report.

You MUST give a proper name for your explore. Codenames are not acceptable (see part II for an explanation) date (month and year is standard) and location are also mandatory, this is NOT NEGOTIABLE and if you are not comfortable naming a site then DO NOT post it.

Include a history of the site, we are all just as interested in the history as the pictures and it shows that you have bothered to do a little research. history is also a mandatory requirement.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some really nice features here. Congrats on 1st post. But as tigger says, please read forum rules. Not many places on here haven't been explored by someone, so no need to not name it.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It's a lovely place this, that had been kept well off the radar...

Have you ever got into the manor house next to it? It's been locked tight and alarmed/cameraed up as long as I can remember.

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a lovely place this, that had been kept well off the radar...

Have you ever got into the manor house next to it? It's been locked tight and alarmed/cameraed up as long as I can remember.

Yeah it’s pretty much untouched and has been for years. As for the Manor House I’ve managed to get up close and take some shots but the last time I visited it was being renovated! Plus lots and lots of security now too. Have you been inside the church??

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Congratulations on your first post.

Have a read of the guides to the way things work, maybe post an introduction about yourself and your interests.

2 Posting a report.

You MUST give a proper name for your explore. Codenames are not acceptable (see part II for an explanation) date (month and year is standard) and location are also mandatory, this is NOT NEGOTIABLE and if you are not comfortable naming a site then DO NOT post it.

Include a history of the site, we are all just as interested in the history as the pictures and it shows that you have bothered to do a little research. history is also a mandatory requirement.
Thanks for your feedback, Tigger. I will try and write something up on here

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yeah it’s pretty much untouched and has been for years. As for the Manor House I’ve managed to get up close and take some shots but the last time I visited it was being renovated! Plus lots and lots of security now too. Have you been inside the church??

Was totally locked up when I was there in the summer, wasn't any renovations going on when I was there but it didn't exactly look totally empty if you know what I mean. Good to hear there's more security here...

Who has read this thread (Total: 296) View details