Web
Analytics
Report - - The Muffin Hole, Sheffield - August 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - The Muffin Hole, Sheffield - August 2010

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Visited by Kitty & Woodburner

Respect to kitty for digging up the info on these tunnels, they appear to have been used as air-raid shelter tunnels for the university students and staff in Sheffield.

Kitty was suffering from epic camera fail on this trip so the only shots are what I got on my compact.

Entrance was a bit 'on top' but we picked a quiet moment and popped the lid, conveniently the first one we popped had a staircase for us...

IMG_1301.jpg

Inside there was a nice network of tunnels that went on for maybe 50m or so following twists & turns underground before leading to another staircase at the other end...

IMG_1305.jpg

There were also a pair of air vents we had previously seen from the surface letting light in conveniently (and traffic noise)

IMG_1308.jpg

Towards the end of the bunker was a set of shelves that looked ancient... Kitty commented she used them as 'man storage' :p

IMG_1313.jpg

One of the 'main' tunnels with the air vent at the end.

IMG_1296.jpg

All in all worth a mooch and I believe kitty has naming rights should she wish to do so. :)

The name was inspired by our post-photography munchies, kitty's underground bakery products have to be tasted to be believed! :D

Thanks for looking. :thumb

WB.

Last edited: