real time web analytics
Report - - The Muffin Hole, Sheffield - August 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Muffin Hole, Sheffield - August 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Visited by Kitty & Woodburner

Respect to kitty for digging up the info on these tunnels, they appear to have been used as air-raid shelter tunnels for the university students and staff in Sheffield.

Kitty was suffering from epic camera fail on this trip so the only shots are what I got on my compact.

Entrance was a bit 'on top' but we picked a quiet moment and popped the lid, conveniently the first one we popped had a staircase for us...

IMG_1301.jpg

Inside there was a nice network of tunnels that went on for maybe 50m or so following twists & turns underground before leading to another staircase at the other end...

IMG_1305.jpg

There were also a pair of air vents we had previously seen from the surface letting light in conveniently (and traffic noise)

IMG_1308.jpg

Towards the end of the bunker was a set of shelves that looked ancient... Kitty commented she used them as 'man storage' :p

IMG_1313.jpg

One of the 'main' tunnels with the air vent at the end.

IMG_1296.jpg

All in all worth a mooch and I believe kitty has naming rights should she wish to do so. :)

The name was inspired by our post-photography munchies, kitty's underground bakery products have to be tasted to be believed! :D

Thanks for looking. :thumb

WB.

Last edited: