real time web analytics
Report - - The North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - November 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - November 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scott Durbin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All

This is my first report so don't judge on the location as i know loads have done Denbigh Asylum and the quality of the pictures. Iam still learning and will get better the the camera and locations. So we are just four friends who find abandoned location and jump in the car and head off exploring what we can. With no experience and no clue we just turn up and document.

The Location

So on a cold November night myself and three other friends decided to go and explore Denbigh Lunatic Asylum. After weeks of should we or shouldn't we, we decided to head up there after work one night. With all the stories of the famous Elwyn being spoken about in the car we were all hoping with it being 8pm and minus 1000 degrees outside he wouldn't be there with that crazy ass wolf he carries about with him.
On approaching the building i have never been so amazed by how it looked,coming out of the darkness like a ghost ship.
Here are the photos, like i said not the best but will get better as i go along.

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG
IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5121.JPG
IMG_5122.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG
IMG_5124.JPG
IMG_5125.JPG
IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG
IMG_5131.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG
IMG_5133.JPG
IMG_5135.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5116.JPG
    IMG_5116.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5117.JPG
    IMG_5117.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hello, I was wondering how you get permission to visit

Ignore the other two replies, they are not being helpful at all.

The North Wales Hospital pretty much now has it's own police station on-site these days. The best option for getting permission to have a wander around is to head for the main gate, if it's not locked, it's a sure sign that someone will be there to help you, so all you need to do is to wander around outside, ideally near the front and before too long, the police will be there to assist you.

If the gates are locked, the police have probably just popped out for lunch, so if you hang around the gates at the front, they will be back soon enough and once again, will be more than happy to assist you.

Claire1107

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ignore the other two replies, they are not being helpful at all.

The North Wales Hospital pretty much now has it's own police station on-site these days. The best option for getting permission to have a wander around is to head for the main gate, if it's not locked, it's a sure sign that someone will be there to help you, so all you need to do is to wander around outside, ideally near the front and before too long, the police will be there to assist you.

If the gates are locked, the police have probably just popped out for lunch, so if you hang around the gates at the front, they will be back soon enough and once again, will be more than happy to assist you.

Hi, Thanks for the brill explanation. How long ago did you experience this being the case? Only I am planning on driving up from Devon and would HATE to get turned away? Thanks in advance :)

Tom Rudd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i have been planning on visiting for a while now, after hearing about all the stuff thats happened there including fires im wondering, do police still let people in? or is it quite likely that theyre going to say no? this is the furthest ive ever planned on going just for an abandoned building, sure its worth it, but not if theyre going to say no, i live in London, and i cant drive, so im going to rhyl by train and someone i know that lives nearby is driving us to denbigh, after all ths, i cant risk them saying no

Tom Rudd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
im not after a garauntee, but out of 10 whats the chance of me getting in?

Tom Rudd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
well going at night makes it easy, but i live miles from the place with no car, and the only way i can go at night is if a book a hotel, and i dont feel like spending more money then i have to, so its go in the day or go in literally all night, and i dont feel like doing that in the winter

Cjurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
rofl what six said above, its literally a walk in the park ive been 3 times and never seen anyone police or secca u can literally walk in like u own the place and walk around as freely as you like lol pice of cake! :D