real time web analytics
Report - - The Odeon - Bradford - October 2011 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Odeon - Bradford - October 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Visited with Tweek and Dr Howser

The last time I was in Bradford for this particular item, I received a call from dr. h shortly after arriving and beginning the walk down the hill to Bradford's famous Odeon cinema.​

"Hello..?"
"Alright mate, you there yet?"
"Nearly, just walking down the hill, where are you?"
"We might have a problem.."

"What....?"

fire.jpg

It was at this point I turned the corner to see what looked like every police officer, fire engine and news team in West Yorkshire packed round the Odeon and Jurys Inn, with a mass crowd of people gawping at the humongous inferno engulfing the ancient Thompson's Mill site across the road.

"...ffs. No chance."

We spent the rest of the night watching the fire and chatting to locals as well as checking at a few other bits and bobs, but never got round to the Odeon after taking the advice of another explorer we met on the night: "It'll take you bloody hours to get round that place". By the time the dibble and fire crews had scarpered, it was way past our bed times. A re-visit was on the cards.

Take a look at http://www.kingsdr.demon.co.uk/cinemas/newvic.htm for a truly excellent history of the Odeon.

The dude was right - It's like a labyrinth in there. Excellent building though, especially when you get to the original 1930s bits they built over to make the modern cinema... Anyway - on with the pics.

odeon1.jpg

odeon2.jpg

odeon16.jpg

odeon15.jpg

odeon14.jpg
odeon11.jpg

odeon12.jpg

odeon13.jpg

odeon10.jpg

odeon9.jpg

odeon8.jpg

odeon6.jpg