real time web analytics
Report - - The Old Rectory, St Columb Major (Dec 2015) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Old Rectory, St Columb Major (Dec 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ellemmcee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I spent a few days in Devon & Cornwall just after Xmas so searched on here for some sites to check out. Thanks to Raz's report HERE, I popped along to a 19th Century, gothic style old rectory which looked stunning. I missed the boat here because although 6 months previously it was full of furniture, artifacts, decorations and the like, work is now underway to renovate the place and it's been stripped bare. In fact, when I arrived, there was a builder's van parked up next to the house who were presumably working on the building, but thankfully no sign of any builders. They'd left the door open though, so cheers for that guys :D

This is what it looked like:

Exterior #1
Old%20Rectory%207_zpsiq5ytqwh.jpg

Exterior #2
A bit of a rummage revealed they were chucking out anything salvageable)
HDR-Old%20Rectory%20-%20DSC_0071_2_3-%20LR1_zpskqsegitr.jpg

Stairs leading up to one of many part-stained glass windows
Old%20Rectory%206_zpsfgmkodb0.jpg

The snooker room
Old%20Rectory%202_zpsazpbnzgi.jpg

The Bathroom - built in 1851, designed by architect William White.
The Bath - built in the late 1980's, designed by B&Q!!!
Old%20Rectory%205_zpsg7mbx2u1.jpg

One of the glorious high-ceilinged, beamed, empty rooms
Old%20Rectory%203_zpsyvznzlvv.jpg

Chandelier (minus lights)
Old%20Rectory%201_zps9cdorrfh.jpg

Raz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting to see they are doing something with it! be worth a bob or two when its finished :D did you try the edgecumbe hotel in Newquay?

djflava

Doped up on Thorozine
28DL Full Member
It was a cracking explore back in 2011, good to see the place is being saved

Bohint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jamie Brown the owner is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. We moved in next door 3 years ago and he’s been nothing but a gentleman and very helpful. He is currently completing a sympathetic restoration with advice from many historical societies and the place looks amazing. I have had the privilege of going round the building wit Jamie on several occasions and it’s an amazing place. Jamie has restored the roof, many of the original features etc So instead of slating him for his looks, maybe show some respect to the work he has done to preserve an amazing building for the fuure

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
The only one who slated him for his looks was the daily mail……it’s a copy of the article they published

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Jamie Brown the owner is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. We moved in next door 3 years ago and he’s been nothing but a gentleman and very helpful. He is currently completing a sympathetic restoration with advice from many historical societies and the place looks amazing. I have had the privilege of going round the building wit Jamie on several occasions and it’s an amazing place. Jamie has restored the roof, many of the original features etc So instead of slating him for his looks, maybe show some respect to the work he has done to preserve an amazing building for the fuure

Good to hear but who has been slating him?