real time web analytics
Report - - The Old Vinyl Factory, Hayes | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Old Vinyl Factory, Hayes

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tig

Tig
28DL Full Member
After seeing this site from the train window I did a little research and found that it is indeed disused, and in need of exploration. I walked the perimeter last week and noted cameras and bulk security signage. And you know what that means. Yup, there is stuff worth looking at behind the high fencing.
I planned to go today and arrived there mid afternoon, in the rain. Good for me I thought, putting the words fat, doughnut, rent-a-cop and the phrase chair 'shaped ass together' in a sentence, in my mind.

theoldvinylfactory.jpg

There are camera overlooking most of the open areas inside the fences, so I approached cautiously.

I went past this one first as I walked up the street

cameraone.jpg

And this is the second

cameratwo.jpg

The first time I was here I noted the angle these cameras were set at and planned my route to stay hidden. When I got right under cam 2 I saw it had moved and I had been in view all the time. I watched it and saw it was not following me (secca sleeping I guess)So I decided to go boldly ahead, and with the aid of a rake and a traffic cone I nipped over the wall, and found I was visible to another camera.

Too bad, I half expected a car to arrive with two or three stroppy lads to biff me out but it did not happen.

I wanted to go in here

smallbuilding.jpg

holywall.jpg

smallinterior.jpg

stack.jpg

But did not see an entrance.

And the same with the big building, but that did not look as interesting anyway. Everything is boarded up and locked off.

bigbuilding.jpg

And the adventurer is given warning, now I am really scared!!
threats.jpg

SO this was my next target

target.jpg

It seems to have been office space backing onto a warehouse.

distributionbox.jpg

brokenglass.jpg

Most of this floor is just a big space open to the elements, and populated by pigeons. In fact there is a large colony of the birds here, many dead ones lying about and deep droppings.
The further I went the more I saw.

archedwindow.jpg

ductingstreamers.jpg

I made my way through the building and eventually onto the roof, where I found the an elevator head plant room.

headgear1.jpg

headgear2.jpg

headgear3.jpg

headgear4.jpg

fuseboard.jpg

And although I was not expecting cross dressing, there was a tiny tranny in the corner!

tinytranny.jpg

And I got the rooftop air handling units as well.

Airhandler.jpg

And this hatch all but disappeared

daceyedhatch.jpg

And then.......my camera battery went flat. :eek:

So I continued back down and moved toward the second part of the building, what I found to be the warehouse part. I saw that the doors had all been locked off and I could not get through. But I found a hole I could squeeze through and then as I walked further into the building I found that I was coming upon much more interesting rooms. There were still lots of birds, but there was water now, and ferns and even small trees were flourishing indoors.
I spent about two hours trawling about overall I think, I was not paying attention really. And the only part that was somewhat concerning was as I was making my way out I heard someone with a loudspeaker or megaphone outside. I assumed that I had been seen and that they were trying to flush me out. So I waited and scoped the area. I did not see anybody or any car outside, so I waited. When it seemed safe I left the building and made my way out.

So, this site is a bit tricky to get into. It is exposed and there are at least five cameras that I saw. There are busy premisses over the street overlooking a large bare yard you need to cross. There is a tower block overlooking the side courtyard as well as a camera overlooking the car-park to the rear.

I went in on the bank holiday, hopefully when everybody still had a hangover from last night and would not bother me.

I came home filthy and wet, but I got a few good shots off and had fun.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details