real time web analytics
The one's that got away... | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The one's that got away...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
Just out of curiosity more than anything else. What sites have you wanted to visit for a long time (but haven't been able to go to for one reason or another) and finally get the chance to go and see it, only to find out by further research or visiting the site that its been demolished/converted/redeveloped?

For me it seems like the councils/developers across the country have had it in for me for the last few months with recent demolitions and conversions, I'll list some of mine below:

University of Derby College (Demolished)
Derby Royal Infirmary (Demolished)
Rolls Royce Factory (Converted)
Barnes Hospital (Being redeveloped, no longer worth seeing)

I would have loved to have seen Denbigh Asylum before the fire too.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Coming late to the Tourist scene :) I"d have loved to have seen Pyestock personally .

You can see Denbigh pre fire, just look at Most Haunted"s week there on Youtube, ironically it combusted shortly after o_O

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
Some of the places on my to do list have been huge disappointments, places like the Derby College and Hospital had a lot of items on the inside which add to the experience - rather than it being an empty shell that's painted like a hospital :(

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Workhouse admin block at New Cross Hospital. It looked an amazing building with its clock tower. As it was surrounded by more modern hospital buildings, it was effectively hidden from view to the point that you just Wouldn't have known it was there.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details