real time web analytics
Report - - The Palladium Cinema - Durham - 17/6/09 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Palladium Cinema - Durham - 17/6/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
When i first started to look for derelict cinemas i banged 'cinema' in the search engine on here and out of the (surprisingly few) results that popped up the Palladium looked by far the best. Ive wanted to go ever since but rumor had it it was 'sealed'.

Me and the 'gifted' Fox made our way over for a quick peek not really expecting to get inside but we ended up having a corker of an eavning! We were climbing up on rooves, wading underground, crawling though airducts, squeezing through gaps, upsetting the neighbours and generally getting very smelleh! This place had by far the dirtiest access ive ever undertaken, think maggots and possible human poo! :crazy

I must admit, inside it wasnt quite what i expected, i was thinking more along the lines of a big, mint condition theater when in reality the Palladium is quite small and in quite a sorry state! Floors are rotten and dirt is everywhere. That said i was not dissapointed. The place is awsomely complete with projectors, seats, bingo machines, a bar area, stained glass and much more. Part of the bar area is sectioned off an now used as flats and the rear back stage area appears to be a late addition made from some kind of weak concrete stuff you could punch through but it was all good interesting stuff.

Sorry to the citizens of durham who had to smell us as we walked through the crowds of party goers and white trousered toffs on our way to the next site (thanks to the girl who flashed us her boobs too) :eek:

picture755mod.jpg

picture753mod.jpg

picture756mod.jpg

picture751mod.jpg

picture749mod.jpg

picture745mod.jpg

picture744mod.jpg

picture780mod.jpg
picture781mod.jpg

picture784mod.jpg

picture768mod.jpg
picture769mod.jpg