real time web analytics
Report - - The Queen Elizabeth II Hospital - Welwyn Garden City - October 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Queen Elizabeth II Hospital - Welwyn Garden City - October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TrevBish

www.TrevBish.co.uk
28DL Full Member
Well, this has been done to death, so I thought I would add my
two pennies' worth! Relaxed explore, bumped into 2 other people while we explored. No security or nothing seen! To easy! Not a bad hospital but I think I prefer Haslar and Frenchay when it comes to features and equipment! But still, a morgue is a sweet little find!

History:

The Queen Elizabeth II hospital – or the QEII as it is known locally, is located in Welwyn Garden City and run by East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.

The first full hospital to be built by the NHS, the QEII had some 100 beds. All inpatient and emergency services were transferred by October 2014 to the Lister Hospital (Stevenage), which has had £150 million invested in major new facilities.

Since October 2014, the QEII has continued to offer a range of general hospital services for people living and working in many parts of east and south Hertfordshire. These include GP services, outpatient clinics, diagnostic (radiology, pathology and endoscopy), a breast unit and antenatal and postnatal care, as well as a 24/7 urgent care centre for adults and children of all ages with minor injuries and illnesses. £30 million has been invested in new facilities. The old hospital site is now closed and the land will be used for housing and a care home.

IMG_0055_zpsx4uibusm.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsqqee7fyx.jpg

IMG_0003_zps47s4uh4o.jpg

IMG_0007_zpsgnlsyfon.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsp5f7g7uc.jpg

IMG_0010_zpsifosvxhf.jpg

IMG_0013_zpsmktacgr1.jpg

IMG_0014_zpsb1om6dze.jpg

IMG_0022_zpskqiknsfc.jpg

IMG_0029_zpsuyptl6e4.jpg

IMG_0030_zps4k08gahc.jpg

IMG_0031_zps7jiixvsg.jpg

IMG_0033_zps89pyucni.jpg

IMG_0041_zps677cmukq.jpg

IMG_0042_zpsls8noc8r.jpg

IMG_0043_zpsm1fpf1fx.jpg

IMG_0044_zpskr1dy1hh.jpg

IMG_0047-Edit_zpsntptypzy.jpg

IMG_0049_zpss9jrlb6g.jpg

IMG_0050_zpsozutsab7.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsh97fksnu.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsernwrkq4.jpg

IMG_0054_zpse0jkqulf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
morgues not so shiny anymore, there's even a "Fuk 28dl" graff, which i thought was clever and original :sleep

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice report trevbish! question. are these shots from multiple visits or a late report?

lindseyjane1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited this site in November - but have not compiled a report as I was unable to gain access/ take any pics. However, there was no visible security. There was no easy entry point and the building had been sealed. That being said I'm a newbie so someone with more experience may have better luck! ...such a shame to have come away empty handed - but I guess that's the nature of the beast. Hopefully next time I will have some pictures to share.