Web
Analytics
The safe way to climb a 1700ft mast (YouTube Video) | General Chat | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The safe way to climb a 1700ft mast (YouTube Video)

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Posting in response to a PM I received off a friend here who is shortly to loose his mast climbing virginity, but feel this will be a fascinating watch for all

Changing a lightbulb on a 1700ft mast

I will put a disclaimer in: watching this video does not make you an expert climber, far from it, and doing this for real should only be attempted under the tuition of an expert.

Enjoy!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Well that answered the old question of how meny men does it take to change a lightbulb at 1700 feet ..lift up 1600looks fun tho

The Kwan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great video Bertie, thanks for posting it up man. I hope that they tested the new blub before hoiking it up the hill :)

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Well I had to pop my cherry at some point, figured now was as good a time as any :thumb

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Big kudos to Oort, who today lost lost his mast climbing virginity and well and truly popped his cherry. Very pleasing to hear you say as we returned to terra firma that you wanted to repeat the exercise in warmer weather. I am of course well aware that I took you well and truly out of your comfort zone and got you doing something that you never ever imagined you would ever do. But today you did something that 99% of the population would never ever consider. Just by stepping onto the first step you did something remarkable.

The evidence to show your friends:

DSC03460_zps86b61ff6.jpg

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Big thanks to Bertie for being gentle with me! Seriously though mate thanks loads I really appreciated the day, your expertise and had a bloody good time :thumb

Roll on Summer!

I think the weather/temperature got the gbetter of my action cam but if I can salvage anything from it I'll post it up.

slayaaaa

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Big thanks to Bertie for being gentle with me! Seriously though mate thanks loads I really appreciated the day, your expertise and had a bloody good time :thumb

Roll on Summer!

I think the weather/temperature got the gbetter of my action cam but if I can salvage anything from it I'll post it up.
Well done mate, looks great :thumb