real time web analytics
Report - - The Seagull Crimdon Hartlepool January 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Seagull Crimdon Hartlepool January 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
My first report of the year and unfortunately not off too a good start.
Access was unbelievably easy.
The pub is completely wrecked on the inside and mostly a deathtrap and that was on the bottom floor alone.
I use to go the park next to the pub as a kid as I'm originally from Blackhall Rocks, can always remember walking past the pub in my youth but never ventured inside.
Tried to capture the place as well as I could with canon in the pitch black.

Pub closed around 2002/2003 time and gone through much ownership over the years.
One of the main reasons it closed as it was believed it was used as a brothel in its last few years.
The pub was investigated and then shut down.
Spoke to a few people about the pub and it didn't have a very good reputation near the end.
Apparently the pub has been bought by Crimdon Caravan Park so not sure what will happen to it, this one is just waiting to get demolished as its beyond saving now.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh memories of Summers at Crimdon as a Kid. It was pretty trashed just before it closed though..

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Speculation is that Crimdon Caravan Park also known as Crimdon Dene Holiday Park, part of Parkdean Resorts, don't want to do anything with it. They bought it to prevent it taking away customers from their food / drinks outlets by keeping it as a derelict shell

Hanger 53

28DL Member
28DL Member
This was my local when a teenager, used to be packed in the summer months, just a perfect stroll from the villages on a warm summer evening. I was involved in the Sunday League footy team we had based here in the 80's. Fond memories.

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
This was my local when a teenager, used to be packed in the summer months, just a perfect stroll from the villages on a warm summer evening. I was involved in the Sunday League footy team we had based here in the 80's. Fond memories.
I use to live not to far from it, originally from Blackhall, I remember going in the park when it was there.

Hanger 53

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm Blackhall Rocks born and bred, if you pop down to Crimdon Dene there's a tunnel approximately a metre in diameter which is open both ends and takes you from the dene to the other side of the main coast road A1086, only about 50-60 feet long, and an amazing huge stream water culvert further along, if you like that sort of thing.

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
I'm Blackhall Rocks born and bred, if you pop down to Crimdon Dene there's a tunnel approximately a metre in diameter which is open both ends and takes you from the dene to the other side of the main coast road A1086, only about 50-60 feet long, and an amazing huge stream water culvert further along, if you like that sort of thing.
I will defianly have a look, my parents still live in BLACKHALL rocks, so il have a look over, next time I see them.

kevwolf69

28DL Member
28DL Member
Spent most of my holidays in the park back in my youth and as a treat we'd grab a scampi and chips from here. Probably the first pint my dad ever bought me would have been in here. Cheers for walk down memory lane!!

Who has read this thread (Total: 282) View details