real time web analytics
Report - - The Service Core of Doom | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Service Core of Doom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
After an early morning flight and no sleep at the airport, I decided that Saturday was best spent in bed. Wide awake at 11pm, a call to Frank resulted in a night time recce of a few places. To kill some time we went to look at a not-too-high service core in a building site that is actually disused at the moment.

The climb was tricky as the first bit had no ladders, and a squeeze round some boards, but it was done and then a few ladders took us to the top. Pretty good views, but only one way thanks to the nasty metal spikes on the top.

Coming down wasn't too bad, but then I decided that it would be a good idea to get a shot of the shaft from the bottom. Climbing down I noticed that the floor (concrete, I assumed) was covered in some kind of plastic sheeting (last photo but one). Half-deciding to swing down and test it before letting go of the scaffolding bars I was shocked to here a splash and feel the floor dip under might feet. Yes, that's right, two storeys of flooded lift shaft were residing beneath the sheet. Thank fuck I didn't just jump down.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Dsc_0020.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Dsc_0021.jpg

Dsc_0019.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details