Web
Analytics
Report - - The Springs Hotel, Oxfordshire - August 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - The Springs Hotel, Oxfordshire - August 2018

CookieRaider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

The Springs Hotel was built in 1874 and is named after the seven springs that feed a pond in the grounds.

Before it was a home, rock singer Ian Gillan of Deep Purple fame bought the mock Tudor building in 1973 and started to restore it to its former glory. He and his girlfriend paid £100,000 for the property and invested £443,000 of their own money in it.

The 32 bedroom hotel closed in October 2014 due to the owners feeling unable to afford the upkeep costs because of internet booking companies offering discounts eating into any potential profits.

The Explore

Explore with a non member and @Balannah We found access into the grounds pretty quickly after passing by in the car. Access into the hotel was also found quickly. There are cameras on site but we were not disturbed during the time we spent on site. The car park for the hotel is used by the golf club members when the main car park is full up.

Pictures

More photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarthomas/albums/72157696836039502

Brewtal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nicely done mate, I had a look round here the other month. I peeled off the umbex stickers! Glad you found a way in, it was left wide open so we made it appear closed when we left and told a few others about it, so good to see it’s still doable!

CookieRaider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nicely done mate, I had a look round here the other month. I peeled off the umbex stickers! Glad you found a way in, it was left wide open so we made it appear closed when we left and told a few others about it, so good to see it’s still doable!
Thanks! There are now a few ways in, but you have to look for them to find them. I also made it seem like it was closed when we left as well.

Gasman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos. Went today and it looks a little more trashed already. Doors and windows wide open and the lovely looking wooden banister snapped right off. Bag of sugar all over the carpet in the big room and a fireplace pulled right over. More crap in the pool too. Such a shame for a lovely building. I managed some good pics and spent two hours there undisturbed. Don't think the cameras are working

CookieRaider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos. Went today and it looks a little more trashed already. Doors and windows wide open and the lovely looking wooden banister snapped right off. Bag of sugar all over the carpet in the big room and a fireplace pulled right over. More crap in the pool too. Such a shame for a lovely building. I managed some good pics and spent two hours there undisturbed. Don't think the cameras are working
That’s a shame! Glad you still managed to get some good pictures out of it.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yeah its a bit of a mess inside now. Finally got around to visiting this morning, and I was actually fairly underwhelmed by it. A few nice rooms and a cool staircase but that's about it, the rest being empty bedrooms. Perhaps the pissing rain didn't help though as the sunshine made it look so much nicer in those photos.

Still, being local to me, I'm glad I got it done.