real time web analytics
The Steel Beast - Teeside steelworks (2009-2011) | Noteworthy Reports | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Steel Beast - Teeside steelworks (2009-2011)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Davo Smith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow. Only been on one adventure to a small industrial place up to now. This has just blown my mind. Great read. Can't wait to get out somewhere again.

zouave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is the best UE photography I've ever seen. To know that it's all film is just fantastic. Do you have a portfolio or anything?

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
This is the best UE photography I've ever seen. To know that it's all film is just fantastic. Do you have a portfolio or anything?

I don't, but thanks. Too any hobbies to start up something new!

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What an incredible report mate! I grew up in the area and always tried to imagine what it was like inside - going so far as looking at the site through my telescope trying to catch glimpse of what was going on! Really wish I could have seen the site, but alas the golden age of urban exploring seems to be going for now. At least we've got documented reports like this rather than just faint memories, seriously ace reporting here!

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
[QUOTE="Screw Loose, post: 1146242, member: 94347"Really wish I could have seen the site, but alas the golden age of urban exploring seems to be going for now. At least we've got documented reports like this rather than just faint memories, seriously ace reporting here![/QUOTE]

As far as a golden age goes, yes many of the original targets or grails if you like have been cracked and 'documented', and as far as industrial exploring goes, 99% of the amazing British industry that ever existed was gone before UE was even a thing. All of this particular site still stands, as does Scunthorpe and Port Talbot, and there are still hundreds of old industrial sites left in the uk that have as yet to close. Even seemingly modern plants sometimes have outdated and redundant sections, so take your pick, the 'golden age' of industrial UE is happening right now. Let's not get into how detrimental it is to our economy and society.

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
[QUOTE="Screw Loose, post: 1146242, member: 94347"Really wish I could have seen the site, but alas the golden age of urban exploring seems to be going for now. At least we've got documented reports like this rather than just faint memories, seriously ace reporting here![/QUOTE]

As far as a golden age goes, yes many of the original targets or grails if you like have been cracked and 'documented', and as far as industrial exploring goes, 99% of the amazing British industry that ever existed was gone before UE was even a thing. All of this particular site still stands, as does Scunthorpe and Port Talbot, and there are still hundreds of old industrial sites left in the uk that have as yet to close. Even seemingly modern plants sometimes have outdated and redundant sections, so take your pick, the 'golden age' of industrial UE is happening right now. Let's not get into how detrimental it is to our economy and society.

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
[QUOTE="Screw Loose, post: 1146242, member: 94347"Really wish I could have seen the site, but alas the golden age of urban exploring seems to be going for now. At least we've got documented reports like this rather than just faint memories, seriously ace reporting here!

As far as a golden age goes, yes many of the original targets or grails if you like have been cracked and 'documented', and as far as industrial exploring goes, 99% of the amazing British industry that ever existed was gone before UE was even a thing. All of this particular site still stands, as does Scunthorpe and Port Talbot, and there are still hundreds of old industrial sites left in the uk that have as yet to close. Even seemingly modern plants sometimes have outdated and redundant sections, so take your pick, the 'golden age' of industrial UE is happening right now. Let's not get into how detrimental it is to our economy and society.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how keen I am with regard to getting caught in such a site however - I'm a job which the papers would love to slate if I was unlucky enough to be caught

Is the site still 'available' for lack of a better term?

Who has read this thread (Total: 190) View details