real time web analytics
Report - - The Telmere Lodge, Chesterfield, Derbyshire – September 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Telmere Lodge, Chesterfield, Derbyshire – September 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The History

The Telmere Lodge (or just The Lodge as it was known in its latter years) was a public house in the village of Hasland in Chesterfield. It appears to have closed its doors in 2017 and there is now planning permission to demolish it and build houses on the site. The place is fairly large with a decent size function room, a couple of flats upstairs and a sizeable garden. The food here was apparently pretty good and it was most famous for a fish & chips dish so large it was called ‘The Codfather’.

The Explore

Visited after a rather strange look around at Dobroyd in the morning, then about 6 fails in a row in Sheffield. I stopped off in Chesterfield on the way back home for a quick blast around here. The upper floors while large, have the usual metal theft and idiot damage. The ground floor was in better condition had a very strange Alice in Wonderland theme throughout which gave the place a bit of character, so I thought it was worth a share.

Exterior

A couple from upstairs

Downstairs into the bar

Wooden pegs for the casks

Thanks for looking!​

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
:thumb Looks like a good mooch, strange Alice theme there, with the bar and Queen of hearts suite, very odd, seems un keeping with the rest, especially with a nick name the Codfather lol. Nice find. :cool: I wonder how old this building is.

Gsxrwayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't leave it to long mate they have dumped a load of new stone around it and like work is going to start soon

Grassmoor

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all,
Strange to see this pub like this given how I remember it been open and full of life. I used to go their a lot in the early 2000,s. The pub opened in 1981 before it became a public house it was a large house built for the manger of Grassmoor Colliery which closed in 1950. The pub was first called ' The Lodge' later in the 1990's it was renamed ' ' Winsick Arms' it was kept by the Owen family they got priced out due to high rents and disagreements with the pubco. The pub closed for a long time . Then two local sisters reopened it and renamed the pub ' Telmere Lodge' then simply ' The Lodge' they struggled to make it pay and the pub closed in early 2017 . The site has been sold for housing though early this year travellers made it their home for a time.

danny2007

Lord Of Dead Side
28DL Full Member
Hi all,
Strange to see this pub like this given how I remember it been open and full of life. I used to go their a lot in the early 2000,s. The pub opened in 1981 before it became a public house it was a large house built for the manger of Grassmoor Colliery which closed in 1950. The pub was first called ' The Lodge' later in the 1990's it was renamed ' ' Winsick Arms' it was kept by the Owen family they got priced out due to high rents and disagreements with the pubco. The pub closed for a long time . Then two local sisters reopened it and renamed the pub ' Telmere Lodge' then simply ' The Lodge' they struggled to make it pay and the pub closed in early 2017 . The site has been sold for housing though early this year travellers made it their home for a time.

Thank you for the history :) Thats really interesting.

I can confirm this place is haunted

Who has read this thread (Total: 677) View details