Web
Analytics
Report - - The Tin Church, Bath, 30.07.20 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Tin Church, Bath, 30.07.20

Neads

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey

This our first post! After watching a video on YouTube of the tin church we decided to go and have a look. We arrived (30.07.20, 14.20pm) and realised that it’s in quite built up area, we decided to knock on the neighbours door and find our more about the property. Unfortunately she had advised not to go onto the site as there were now a lot of people watching due to recent break ins.

The tin church was actually purchased out of a catalogue as it was the cheapest option at the time. Built approx 1897. The owner wasn’t very well and the council forced him to move due to the property being unsafe, he is still local and visits often, he wants to move back in but the council won’t allow it. It’s now a listed building. They have a fete on the grass verge in front of the houses every year and the owner comes along for this and dresses as a vicar, he is know to locals as the tin vicar.

it’s such a shame that others have decided to force entry, it would’ve been amazing to get some closer photos.
Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn’t find anything when I searched.

Last edited:

Bristol-Wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’ve had this in my to do list was going to do it during this week as I’m off work but didn’t get round to doing it today along with the other places I went

Looks like it’s locked up so no way in though so will give it a miss now

Neads

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Bristol-Wonderer its an interesting place but as there are so many houses surrounding it and they are all watching you can’t get close enough for any decent pics

Bristol-Wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I guess in a way that’s a good thing it’s nice to know all the locals are keeping an eye on it

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
@Bristol-Wonderer its an interesting place but as there are so many houses surrounding it and they are all watching you can’t get close enough for any decent pics
Quite a few people have gotten in before, but when I went past it the other week it looked like they'd made an attempt to tidy up the property and there was new sealing done.