real time web analytics
Report - - The Towers, Bishops Avenue (April 2021) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Towers, Bishops Avenue (April 2021)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Continuing my tradition of visiting places 10 years after everyone else, The Towers was somewhere I'd always wanted to see since first finding out Urban Exploring was even a thing. I know it's a building site, and I know it's been done to death, but I couldn't find any recent reports on the place, so figured some recent photos of the destruction might be good for a giggle!

History;

There used to be 16 or so unoccupied and dilapidated mansions on The Bishops Avenue, worth as much as £350 million. The super-rich who own them, mainly from Saudi Arabia are confident that even if they leave the properties to rot they will still get a tremendous return on their investment when they sell up, because of increasing land values. Since the BBC got hold of the area and various news articles came out, several mansions have been demolished, several have been saved and several now have live-in security. But The Towers fits into none of these categories.

Explore;

A bit of a tricky entry this one, as someone else in their report very eloquently said; there are more CCTV cameras in this area than trees!
All was going well, until I was down in the pool area and heard footsteps above me. Naturally I hid, and moments later heard 'Security with a dog, come out now!' shouted from what sounded like relatively close by. Naturally, I stayed hidden. 20 minutes or so passed, with the occasional sound of footsteps and voices becoming less frequent. Whoever shouted never materialized and I was able to quickly finish my explore and leave. My guess was that it was security from another site, not being able to set foot inside The Towers as it wasn't his jurisdiction, but just trying to scare me out. The site is flanked by two 24/7 guarded sites; White Lodge Close and Arden Court Gardens, the latter being fully abandoned too, but with absolutely no hope of getting access to! Either way, I escaped! Yipee.

Amusingly, as I was sat in my car having just left the site, the security chap from White Lodge Close opened his gates, exited his hut and came and stood on the main road staring at me and my girlfriend sat in our car. He didn't say anything, or try and approach us, but just stared at us as we drove off. I'm guessing he knew where I'd just been!

Pictures;

P1050163.jpg

P1050164.jpg

P1050203.jpg

P1050209.jpg

P1050170.jpg

P1050171.jpg

P1050174.jpg

P1050176.jpg

P1050175.jpg

P1050178.jpg

P1050181.jpg

P1050182.jpg

P1050185.jpg

P1050190.jpg

P1050197.jpg

P1050196.jpg

All the best folks...

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looking worse on the inside than out. Bit trashed but worth it fo that staircase. Good work...

Neurox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report. Security do definitely keep an eye on this place, I've seen them on the grounds before.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some nice architecture still there, your photos really show it off. Im always a late comer too. I try to find my own non popular explores, before I get round to seeing the on trend places. Some I see, some I dont. But I enjoy the hunt.

Van33

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Written very well, I imagined each scenario you presented. Great pics too, thank you for sharing.

Spookysteve

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Now that is what I call a grand staircase, fantastic. Brilliant photos and well worth dodging the security

ERYRI

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Remember 2 private parties in a Bishops avenue house ( not this one ).
The Spice girls after your party when their film had just premiered.
Next day was a private party where almost anything goes , which descended into chaos the next morning due to some knobhead .
There's always one..
Happy memories.
What a waste of real estate.

Who has read this thread (Total: 267) View details