real time web analytics
The Vehicle Graveyard Trail - Norfolk (January 2020) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Vehicle Graveyard Trail - Norfolk (January 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

at1503

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to my first post! This wasn't so much an explore - more something I stumbled upon by chance as part of a walk I was doing.

These vehicles are all on display very publicly as they sit on a public right of way. I was therefore surpised to see how they'd decayed naturally and had not been the subject of vandalism. The first car I saw was this Morris Minor 1000.

R7qf8EB.jpg

bNGhxtu.jpg

tlMxDsN.jpg

It'd clearly been sat there a while as the insides weren't in great shape (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this). I revisited the car a few months later and found it in pretty much the same state, albeit with more ivy weaving its way through the grill.

ngsCkRv.jpg

Can you make out what this is? I actually, at first, walked straight past it! It was only when I took a second look from this angle that I realised it was a combine harvester, covered in brambles.

Ok3aOS9.jpg

I'd be interested to know how long this as been here and how it got there in the first place. I'm guessing it broke down and they never bothered to repair it.

Finally, just next to the combine is this tractor. This is probably in the worst state of the lot, but I thought it still looked nice as the undergrowth enveloped it.

GBvjRvc.jpg

1eMxX2Q.jpg

80WAeZa.jpg

There are, I think, a fair few other things dotted around the area I've yet to find. I may well revisit and document these too. In future posts I do hope to have many more pictures featured, this is just the start :) I hope you found this interesting - thanks for reading!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I like a boneyard. Well done on 1st report. Welcome to 28dl. Im surprised that AA badge is still on that vehicle as I think they are sought after. :thumb

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Welcome along, nice first report. Maybe they are something to do with the house in the background? The tractor is probably the most valuable but even then not by much. The combine might have a number plate if you venture into the undergrowth. Decline in crop value led by the supermarkets has seen the death of many small holdings and things like combine harvesters seem to be the sort of machinery no longer economical to run. It certainly wouldnt have been cheap in its 'hay day' lol.

at1503

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome along, nice first report. Maybe they are something to do with the house in the background? The tractor is probably the most valuable but even then not by much. The combine might have a number plate if you venture into the undergrowth. Decline in crop value led by the supermarkets has seen the death of many small holdings and things like combine harvesters seem to be the sort of machinery no longer economical to run. It certainly wouldnt have been cheap in its 'hay day' lol.

Potentially yes. I went back here not long ago and the tractor and combine have been removed now.

Who has read this thread (Total: 249) View details