Web
Analytics
General - - The Wheatsheaf Pub, Rowley Regis, April 2021 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - The Wheatsheaf Pub, Rowley Regis, April 2021

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
The Visit
So to begin with after a lot of researching i couldn't find lots of information on this place though there is a few interesting articles im will to show links for.
So firstly i started upstairs if you ever do this place you'll understand why, so upstairs there is what used to be accommodation or rooms to rent the pictures down below highlight that and looks to be fairly modern albeit trashed aswell
Then we go downstairs where there is the utility room and toilets, then leading of that are the two main bar areas with some nice features like the seating areas and the wooden oak beams in the ceiling. I believe the pub closed down in 2020 as there was a sign to follow the rules etc and its been freshly up except for one window, all there was still power in the building eventhough there was no alarms just on fire exit light in the whole building lit up green and the smoke alarms were annoying blipping all the time obviously still batteries in them, so now we move along to the photos hope you like them

Photos

The front facade,

The landing area both sides as you come in

A shared bathroom for all the separate rooms

A nice cupboard unit shame its been left behind my guess could be maybe it was in the middle of refurbishment...

We now come across one of the flats some cool wallpaper there

Another flat with a very cool stone effect wallpaper i say some people have got taste

The stairway leading into the bar and toilet areas downstairs the mould on the walls is overwhelming and very dangerous luckily i had a very good mask with me or I'd be in trouble

Utility cupboard with the kitchen area all the taps are gone and the fire safety light lit up is the one in that cupboard

No one has been sitting here for a while ☹

One of the nice seating areas i mentioned in the information above love the arched windows there

Toilets directly in front and a bit more of the bar area

The sign here not sure if it had anything to do with coronavirus but was a bit confused

And the basement which sadly was flooded as always everytime i go to an abandoned pub its usually the case

Exterior

Thank you everyone and i hope you liked this report Bando Exploration signing out....

Attachments

MK83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Visit
So to begin with after a lot of researching i couldn't find lots of information on this place though there is a few interesting articles im will to show links for.
So firstly i started upstairs if you ever do this place you'll understand why, so upstairs there is what used to be accommodation or rooms to rent the pictures down below highlight that and looks to be fairly modern albeit trashed aswell
Then we go downstairs where there is the utility room and toilets, then leading of that are the two main bar areas with some nice features like the seating areas and the wooden oak beams in the ceiling. I believe the pub closed down in 2020 as there was a sign to follow the rules etc and its been freshly up except for one window, all there was still power in the building eventhough there was no alarms just on fire exit light in the whole building lit up green and the smoke alarms were annoying blipping all the time obviously still batteries in them, so now we move along to the photos hope you like them

Photos

The front facade,

View attachment 898798

View attachment 898815

The landing area both sides as you come in

View attachment 898816

View attachment 898799

A shared bathroom for all the separate rooms

View attachment 898800

A nice cupboard unit shame its been left behind my guess could be maybe it was in the middle of refurbishment...

View attachment 898801

We now come across one of the flats some cool wallpaper there

View attachment 898802

Another flat with a very cool stone effect wallpaper i say some people have got taste

View attachment 898803

The stairway leading into the bar and toilet areas downstairs the mould on the walls is overwhelming and very dangerous luckily i had a very good mask with me or I'd be in trouble

View attachment 898804

Utility cupboard with the kitchen area all the taps are gone and the fire safety light lit up is the one in that cupboard

View attachment 898805

No one has been sitting here for a while ☹

View attachment 898806

One of the nice seating areas i mentioned in the information above love the arched windows there

View attachment 898808

Toilets directly in front and a bit more of the bar area

View attachment 898809

View attachment 898810

The sign here not sure if it had anything to do with coronavirus but was a bit confused

View attachment 898811

And the basement which sadly was flooded as always everytime i go to an abandoned pub its usually the case

Exterior

View attachment 898812

View attachment 898813

View attachment 898814

Thank you everyone and i hope you liked this report Bando Exploration signing out....
I like the little stained glass bits on the wooden seating. In the third shot I had to do a double take as it looks like you've caught your reflection and at first glance appears that your exploring in boxer shorts!

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
I like the little stained glass bits on the wooden seating. In the third shot I had to do a double take as it looks like you've caught your reflection and at first glance appears that your exploring in boxer shorts!
It does when you first look at it lol the stained glass on the wooden seating is a nice feature

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Yep funky wall paper. Good taste, debatable lol. Its different yes. Quite a clean place til you see the mold. The upstairs looked very clinical except for the 2 funky wall papered rooms. Nice find though.

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
Yep funky wall paper. Good taste, debatable lol. Its different yes. Quite a clean place til you see the mold. The upstairs looked very clinical except for the 2 funky wall papered rooms. Nice find though.
Thats exactly right the mold was quite heavy in some areas but all in all was a good one

Punk

Punkus Explorus
Regular User
Looks in good nick. I've got a feeling there's gonna be quite a few pubs appearing on here in the next 12 months

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
Looks in good nick. I've got a feeling there's gonna be quite a few pubs appearing on here in the next 12 months
Yeah cheers mate ive got another to do which is down the road from the Wheatsheaf to look and report on

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bikin Glynn Leisure Sites 4