real time web analytics
Report - - The White Lion Pub Stockport Jan 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The White Lion Pub Stockport Jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Visited alone on a miserable January morning................. I used to drink here way back before i knew any better, this was one of the more popular pubs in Stockport back in the day and has sadly been closed for at least a couple of years now

I wasn't really expecting too much here as i knew the downstairs was modern but the upsatairs holds a few nice features which i probably have not done justice.

There is some evidence (a mattress, book, macdonalds crap) to suggest there has been someone staying here but i don't know if it's recent, maybe a smack head but i didn't see and needles etc about.

Thieves have been in though as floorboards are up in places after the pipes, so plenty of nails etc sticking up (carefull :eek:)

The White Lion pub in the centre of Stockport is a listed building.
Grade: II
Date Listed: 21 September 1993
English Heritage Building ID: 358701

a381ddb8f50a0daddd8a6006efee21e0.jpg

The White Lion originates from the 15th century.
In 1815, during the battle of Waterloo, the landlord fired a cannon to inform the town’s people of the battle’s victories. A ‘Wife Sale’ took place here in 1831 by William Clayton who sold his wife for five shillings to a J Booth; she was handed over to the purchaser with a halter round her neck. The building was rebuilt in 1904 in the Art Nouveau style.

123948.jpg

The first couple of floors are a little boring

DSC_0041r.jpg

DSC_0044r.jpg
DSC_0050r.jpg

The next couple of floors a little more interesting.....

DSC_0076r.jpg
DSC_0074r.jpg

DSC_0057r.jpg

DSC_0075r.jpg

Kicking myself for not moving the plank out of the way, spoils the shot below :banghead

DSC_0061r.jpg

DSC_0063r.jpg

DSC_0068r.jpg

DSC_0071r.jpg

DSC_0079r.jpg

DSC_0080r.jpg

DSC_0069r.jpg

DSC_0055r.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details