Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - The Wild Boar Hotel, Beeston , nr Tarporley Cheshire | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - The Wild Boar Hotel, Beeston , nr Tarporley Cheshire

NB Bolli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just a heads up really.

This place has been empty for a while now, it's just been bought by a company in Liverpool, they are reportedly developing it in a few months so this may be e time to get in and have a look around before they start messing with it.

Their isn't any manned scurity onsite and should be easy to get into.

Be interested to see if anyone fancies doing a report on it?

I live half a mile away, I'll put some external pics on here

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

February

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live just down the road as well, just outside Bunbury - I've driven past this hundreds if not thousands of times in the past and it never looks like it has had anything being done to it. I can count on both hands the amount of times I've seen it open!

I'm not sure if you know the history of it, but it was originally built for John Naylor in 1886 who then resided in it until his death in 1923. It then was put on the market and I believe the next usage for it was as Beeston Towers' Girls School from the 30s until 1946 when the school was moved to Tunstall Hall. After this, it gets a bit patchy, but as far as a cursory search goes, it was used as a guest house and a restaurant until 1998 when it became a hotel due to the addition of the accomodation block. There was a fire in it in February last year (whether or not it was intentional is depbatable seeing as though it's been a construction site of sorts for the past few years).

Apparently, the reason for the hotel's failure was "damage as a result of storm Doris" which smells a bit weird to me as in it's recent history, every venture that has come from it has failed financially in some way or other!

Definitely up for a report on it, subject to finding a way in!

Lindylou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We had a reccy around a few weeks ago, there are live cameras everywhere and I believe the security are keen as within seconds of the camera seeing us it was flashing like mad, it was dark so easily seen the camera lights. Absolutely stunning building and snooping through the windows the interior is just as beautiful!

NB Bolli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow I didn't spot any cameras last time I went up their, obvs I didn't look properly,

the Sensoria beauty spa has been given notice to leave in march/April time so probs up for redevelopment, just hope they don't knock it down, im pretty sure its a listed building, would love to get inside and have a mooch around.

grindle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Had a look just after Xmas all windows. And doors secure, half the place seems to be still in use by the beauty spa down the far end.

NB Bolli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Sensoria beauty spa has been given notice to move out pretty soon, looks like they maybe wanting to redevelop it, but into what?

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live just down the road as well, just outside Bunbury - I've driven past this hundreds if not thousands of times in the past and it never looks like it has had anything being done to it. I can count on both hands the amount of times I've seen it open!

I'm not sure if you know the history of it, but it was originally built for John Naylor in 1886 who then resided in it until his death in 1923. It then was put on the market and I believe the next usage for it was as Beeston Towers' Girls School from the 30s until 1946 when the school was moved to Tunstall Hall. After this, it gets a bit patchy, but as far as a cursory search goes, it was used as a guest house and a restaurant until 1998 when it became a hotel due to the addition of the accomodation block. There was a fire in it in February last year (whether or not it was intentional is depbatable seeing as though it's been a construction site of sorts for the past few years).

Apparently, the reason for the hotel's failure was "damage as a result of storm Doris" which smells a bit weird to me as in it's recent history, every venture that has come from it has failed financially in some way or other!

Definitely up for a report on it, subject to finding a way in!
It was auctioned on line in December 2018 at the request of the receivers
  • Grade II listed with redevelopment potential (subject to planning)
  • Offered with vacant possession
  • 2.98 acres (1.21 hectares)

NB Bolli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place is open people! I’ve just been up main front door is boarded up but the door to the left is open, I walked round the back and their is what look to be a kitchen door open, the place is empty now that the beauty salon has moved out.

time to get on this one before it’s lost! Already looks like it’s falling down

NB Bolli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place is open people! I’ve just been up main front door is boarded up but the door to the left is open, I walked round the back and their is what look to be a kitchen door open, the place is empty now that the beauty salon has moved out.

time to get on this one before it’s lost! Already looks like it’s falling down

Attachments

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I thought Beeston was near nottingham, unless there is more than one? Either way, stay at home like all the other posters have said.

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I thought Beeston was near nottingham, unless there is more than one? Either way, stay at home like all the other posters have said.
There are least 3 Beestons - Nottingham. Leeds and near Tarporley Cheshire - but there is only one place to be at the moment and that is at home