real time web analytics
Report - - The Works Drain, (Re-visited) Manchester - October 2010. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Works Drain, (Re-visited) Manchester - October 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Title1-1.jpg

Present: Ojay, Woodburner, MJS, Millhouse, Sho, Fox & Duff.

P37.jpg

Halloween, and what to do?

We started the night by assembling in the Ghetto, soon joined by some wrong uns from Brapford in a plastic pig :D

We cracked open the cid0r whilst we waited for Sho & Millhouse to arrive...FFS.

It was always on the cards to re-visit this place, as for me it's one of the most interesting drains in Manchestaa.

It's also one of the oldest, "built in the 1890's" with it's dressed stone Outfall & Red & Blue 2-tone brick pipe it's a fine example of Victorian engineering.

It also appears to have had a good Flush since I was last here back in March. Having said that it was a bit grim in parts, and still a fine array of toilet peripherals hanging around (lovely).

'Getting in' was Lulz, as only 2 out of the 7 of us had wad0rs, so we used my spare pair to relay the others accross the river. This wasted a good 30 minutes dicking around in the Irk.

Once in, it was hilarity form start to finish, as we headed further in we got to the point where the wellies breached, unlucky for some, but shouts to Millhouse & Sho who were soaked in fresh by the time we reached the main chamber, and emptied a shit tonne of arse soup out of their wellies :D

Fry me a liver....

IMG_0383.jpg

In we go - 10ft RBP

RBP.jpg

that goes on

1.jpg

and on, until it gets rocky, hence the 'works'

2.jpg

Eventually we came to the main junction, I waited back to watch Sho & Millhouse man up through the arse soup! (LOL).

The drain fairy is still watching over ;)

3.jpg

Eventually we made it to the staircase

4.jpg

This section was quite turdtastic last time I was here, and when we reached the top, the water was crystal clear

On the left, the smaller set of steps upto the overflow chamber

5.jpg

Once up it was time for the unlucky few to empty the festering water out of their wellies - Sho warming his feet up :D

7.jpg

P37 - Main overflow chamber

6.jpg

Some of us jumped down into 'Inhospitable', here the Moston Brook, as well as all manner of fresh flows through, WB loved it down here!

8.jpg

After all it was Halloween...

10.jpg

We seemed to be down here an age, WB loved splashing around in the fresh, he just wouldn't come back up.....Brap

IMG_3420.jpg

We eventually climbed up the age old brick shaft for a quick look at the penstock controls above

9.jpg

Before GTFO, and making our way back out to the Outfall

IMG_0413.jpg

Despite the grimness & soaking it was a blast, shouts to everyone who turned up :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Splashing around in the 'fresh'

Millhouse & Sho, in your arse soup...

> C L I K <

LMAO, but seriously fair play for walking through that shit,

> C L I K <

Was a top nite, but I suggest y'all get some wad0rs for next time :D

Last edited: