real time web analytics
The Works, Manchester - March 2018 | Yorrick | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Works, Manchester - March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Back in March on the Saturday of the Big Meet, @Punk organised some draining.
There was a massive turnout, too numerous to list even if I knew who everyone was! Was good to meet the people I did talk to.
Big thanks to @Punk for organising, and to @FreshFingers (my hero in a half shell) @Alley and 1 other for helping me out of the Irk.

Not too many photos. I was finding it hard with so many people, torches and for some odd reason a lot of smoke!
It's quite silted up in parts, making it heavy going.
Another one with my phone.

Built around 1900, The Works is an overflow for the Moston Brook,
taking excess to the River Irk upstream of the Irk’s junction with the Moston.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

This is where I also hid when the smoke was being created
12.jpg

13.jpg

This smoke came down at least 5 minutes after the event!
15.jpg

16.jpg

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Nice job mate, are these phone pics as per?

Thanks and yes they are, don't think I'll ever go back tbh!

Why would I? They're better than I ever got with my canon.

All but the first three are ISO 100 and 5 - 10 second exposures and the whole kit fits in my coat pockets.

Yorrick

28DL Full Member
Ratchet strap bridge, that is all ♥

Hah! It was very cool to see everyone else using it, but, as I've mentioned before, I get vertigo standing on a kerb, so just no, no, no.

Much love to Scott (I think it was Scott who made it?!) , when I said "Fuck off Punk. No way am I using that" Scott said "No worries mate, you can wade it easily"

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Continuing to be impressed with your drain phone, good to see these! One of your pics has also reminded me how I was sporting my heavily patched up waders - they died shortly after this visit.

The rope bridge was awesome, but I was less of a fan of it one the way out when I ended up in the middle of the multiple pile-on and was fairly convinced I was going to end up taking a dip. Having said that it survived the weight, so kudos to those who put it up!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
^ kinnel, they look rough as fuck, need to tell ginge and WDW to lay off the Spice when they come to Mancfester :D