real time web analytics
Report - - The Works, Manchester May 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Works, Manchester May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I am not going to pretend i am some sort of expert on the working of such places and the facts of what it is exactly but what i do know is walking up the pipe i was met by about an inch of fat which disguised the fact there was shit floating around with the wet wipes and fanny plasters under foot!
Seems they have spray crete'd parts since Pauls last visit and it looks shit to be honest.Getting down and across to the pipe was fun shall we say but once inside i set to work faffing about with lighting and employed paul to be my Lighting Bitch for a few shots,did walk up the river to the brick egg as to be honest i had done enough endless walking to last a life time.
Big thanks to paul for assisting me get through a decent amount that was on my list and doable during the daylight hours we where about..

Totally get why there are so many people into these drains/sewers and the such like they are pretty amazing and the brick work and skill that was used is something else :thumb

pics..

Quick look back from the way in..

17551174713_3553d2ddba_b.jpg

Apparently the toy/doll mounted in the middle of this junction is a drain fairy..learn something new every day

18172037965_b4c362bc59_b.jpg

i decided being a clever cnut that i am to shove the camera on bulb and run up these steps to back light down,gotta be 2 and a half foot or there about so that was fun,only to realise to come back down without a torch on which would ruin the shot was not going to be easy i shouted to Paul to just turn my camera off..im a twat but even im not that thick to try legging it down in the dark..

18173163801_ed243a9436_b.jpg

Quick shot back down

18173063781_5abf2ddd29_b.jpg

After crossing the perfectly safe rusting thin metal walkway which crumbled under my feet paul dived in to help with the lighting

18145528096_f387d356a9_b.jpg

17549453674_797950db11_b.jpg

Didn't fancy the ankle breaking walk to the egg so a shot looking down will do yer

17985743459_260b1e2678_b.jpg

Pauls lighting skills again for the one directly below..

17984235920_758228b6f4_b.jpg

17985658039_d25d07bafb_b.jpg

and that was my trip to the works which i have to say i enjoyed big time..probably a few more reports to come :thumb

18172761575_d78373b482_c.jpg

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
You got some cracking shots, the river crossing was good for a laugh

well the first attempt was never going to end well..how i managed to stay on my feet for the whole three days in drains is beyond me,only then to slip and get soaked in a derpy fucking mill

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Great shots, bright but not overexposed :)

ive got this bug bare about lighting,every time im in such a pipe or junction i intend to hardly light the foreground so you have a massively noticeable difference between the back lighting and the foreground..just cant seem to not light the foreground as much as i do ;)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done matey :thumb

I"m with you now with quite an new interest in all this underground stuff now with the old Victorian brickwork, especially down here.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Nicely done matey :thumb

I"m with you now with quite an new interest in all this underground stuff now with the old Victorian brickwork, especially down here.

its always been a passion of mine the underground,but popping up for a 3 day visit for some drains has made me want more drains in my life