real time web analytics
Report - - The Wormhole Caves, New Brighton 2018 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Wormhole Caves, New Brighton 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Сталкер

grey since Nov 6, 2018
28DL Full Member
The Wormhole Caves, lie under Rock Villa on Wellington Road. Until recently they were opened to the public once a year for charity. It could then be entered by a manhole and a ladder from the garden. The caves include a narrow north-south tunnel and a main cavern that contains a well, with a bricked-up tunnel on the east wall.

The air is fresh, suggesting that there is an outlet. It is said that the tunnel joins others in a cavern beneath the Palace Amusement Arcade. A warren of tunnels does exist under the Palace to this day, and predates the existing building, which was built in the 1920s after the Old Palace, dating from 1880, was demolished.

The builders of the original building discovered a pit that had been used by smugglers and wreckers to conceal their contraband. Passages from the cavern beneath the Palace are said to extend as far as St Hilary’s, if not further. No tunnels are currently accessible from St Hilary’s, but one was discovered in the thirties, beneath what is now the rectory. It is said to have led to the church, and then on to Mother Redcap’s.

IMG_20181213_032435.jpg

4607772094.jpg

4607772110.jpg

4607772118.jpg

4607772069.jpg

4630974997.jpg

4607772066.jpg

Last edited:

Сталкер

grey since Nov 6, 2018
28DL Full Member
recommend wearing a respirator when going down here as the white fungus on the ceiling is nasty stuff
only a brief visit as it was early hours of the morning and only had phone lights and a cheap torch

Last edited:

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Glad to see these on here! Last time I heard, the owners of Rock Villa were talking about bricking up the hole, I'm guessing that never happened. Was this a permission visit or did you just ninja your way in?

Oswaldo Mobray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was my first real explore, never got round to reporting it as with all my exploits. We ninja'd the fuck out of this one. Got some stories to tell. But I can say the house close is very much lived in now, I say don't risk the name of urbex on this one. At the same time if you think you have the skills, go for it

Oswaldo Mobray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort and good to see more people going underground. Tripod and a bigger torch next time ftw.
Fu
Good effort and good to see more people going underground. Tripod and a bigger torch next time ftw.
More light I agree with but fuck the cumbersome tripod, fuck the shots, it's about the experience not to brag to your mates. Live it man, not document it.....

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
This was my first real explore, never got round to reporting it as with all my exploits. We ninja'd the fuck out of this one. Got some stories to tell. But I can say the house close is very much lived in now, I say don't risk the name of urbex on this one. At the same time if you think you have the skills, go for it
So you are p[art of a forum , go out and explore but just dont bother putting reports up..

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
If no one documented anything this forum would be a very empty place wouldn’t it ? Means no one would no about nothing atall can’t see many people would like that.
At the same time I agree enjoying it is everything on a standard 9 hour underground trip I take about 50 photos only ever use my I phone always good enough for my personal standard normaly half the photos get deleted but I find that’s enough to make a awsome album if I travel. Very far don’t plan on returning so a 12 hour underground trip I take around 100 same again delete about half

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Fu

More light I agree with but fuck the cumbersome tripod, fuck the shots, it's about the experience not to brag to your mates. Live it man, not document it.....

Rather an odd attitude considering documenting is half of what this hobby is about. Phone cameras are so good these days there really is no excuse for producing half assed pics.

Who has read this thread (Total: 493) View details