real time web analytics
Report - - The Wormhole Caves, New Brighton 2018 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Wormhole Caves, New Brighton 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oswaldo Mobray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fu

More light I agree with but fuck the cumbersome tripod, fuck the shots, it's about the experience not to brag to your mates. Live it man, not document it.....
Fu

More light I agree with but fuck the cumbersome tripod, fuck the shots, it's about the experience not to brag to your mates. Live it man, not document it.....
Don't over do it, live it
If no one documented anything this forum would be a very empty place wouldn’t it ? Means no one would no about nothing atall can’t see many people would like that.
At the same time I agree enjoying it is everything on a standard 9 hour underground trip I take about 50 photos only ever use my I phone always good enough for my personal standard normaly half the photos get deleted but I find that’s enough to make a awsome album if I travel. Very far don’t plan on returning so a 12 hour underground trip I take around 100 same again delete about half
Yeah, I was overzealous. Of course documentation is a big factor, and most of the reports here are tremendous. What I want to say is, try to be in the moment, look for the beautiful details for yourself not just for prepping a good shot. Plus I guess I hate needless kit (tripod) that may even hinder the safety of an explore due to weight and size (mines and the like). I think the best reports are those that describe in writing their specific experiences (obviously helped through the photography). No disrespect intended, just alot of glory hunters out there. Keep up the good work

Oswaldo Mobray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Rather an odd attitude considering documenting is half of what this hobby is about. Phone cameras are so good these days there really is no excuse for producing half assed pics.
Yep, I was overzealous. Documentation is important you are right. But it most definitely should not be half of the hobby. 90% should be the experience with the rest being enough clear shots to illustrate your written account, it's exploration not a photography session. No disrespect intended, I should not have said fuck all documentation I take that back. But there is too much weight put on the photos when attention should be given to the written experience and history. It should be commended

Oswaldo Mobray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Yeah, I was overzealous. Of course documentation is a big factor, and most of the reports here are tremendous. What I want to say is, try to be in the moment, look for the beautiful details for yourself not just for prepping a good shot. Plus I guess I hate needless kit (tripod) that may even hinder the safety of an explore due to weight and size (mines and the like). I think the best reports are those that describe in writing their specific experiences (obviously helped through the photography). No disrespect intended, just alot of glory hunters out there. Keep up the good work

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Their are lots of people that you call ( glory hunters ) never the less you cannot moan/slate people for their decision as long as they don’t smash the place up nothing is wrong with it ,we are all doing the same thing unless people are trying to profit from it which is a entirely different matter then .

I have been doing mines half my life started at 14 when I got lost in one for 8 hours lol , I can understand enjoying it mate more than most people , so basically I no where your Coming from you clearly have the passion for it ,just some friendly advice eventually you shall get bored of what you no I did that’s why I joined this forum to progress and go further , to do this and really get what you want do some great reports Put the effort in and it will be worth your while I am guessing you would love to get on some bad arse trips that’s how to do so mate

BigGiant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Living in New Brighton less than a mile away from the Wormhole Caves, I'm very fortunate to have a Smuggler's Tunnel underneath my 200+yr old Cottage. I'm the only person that has been down it in the last 20yrs, and the access is from a trap door in our Living Room.

Attachments

• Trapdoor.jpg
    Trapdoor.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 32

Oswaldo Mobray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Living in New Brighton less than a mile away from the Wormhole Caves, I'm very fortunate to have a Smuggler's Tunnel underneath my 200+yr old Cottage. I'm the only person that has been down it in the last 20yrs, and the access is from a trap door in our Living Room.
Wow! Please keep us posted!

BigGiant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
pics inside said smugglers tunnel ?
I tried to take pics the last time I was down there (approx 2yrs ago), but as it's so dark the flash on the camera wasn't enough light. I need to get one of them workmen industrial spotlights.

Who has read this thread (Total: 493) View details